ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: another failer jager heater!!!!

Default Re: another failer jager heater!!!!

Heinsburg Germany

not sure if they are Ul listed but they sure work! Same with the old Jaggers, not listed bt worked...so much for that....

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by jimg View Post
    Most of the tanks with Jagers never seem to stay at the same temp. i just disregarded it figuring their gonna last and not quit so I lived with not liking the changes. When I have the fry I like to keep temp the same as aged water, but it always changes a deg or 2 with the jagers I have so I add hot/cold tap as needed.
    Seeing as I lost some of my beloved fish beforehand, it's not worth the gamble to have them in there especially when temps start changing and I see that they are not working properly.
    Evelyn
    Don't let the things you can't do stop you from doing the things you can!

Yes Rod - if SERA heaters are 100% German they should be quality, reliable heaters. I do not know that to be fact though (checked their website but no statement to that effect). Thankfully, I currently have a bunch of Visi Therms (glass tubes, NOT Stealth) that are working perfectly with no fluctuation (me knocking on wood).

I'm not concerned with the UL rating as that is mostly a formality when dealing with a known reputable manufacturer.

Next heater, I will try to track-down a SERA and give them a shot.

Registered Member

I've had no issues with the several blue Jagers currently in use at my place. If you want sera's, try Aquacave, the only US web vendor I know of that's offering them.

Or check it out here, where they list many US retailers-

http://www.sera.de/us/products/techn...heater.html?0=
    Last edited by Jhhnn; 01-01-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo

Registered Member roundfishross's Avatar

Mikes tropical fish in thompson Ga. he sells sera products a real stand up guy and his prices are as good as any internet source I have seen!!

Registered Member

Woke up this morning and my 55 holding the fish for my community tank was locked on. It was set at 77F and the tank was at 88.7F.It is a 250 watt jager and the box says made in Germany.Wonder where the components were made?I called the LFS and they said they will replace it. It is less than 2 weeks old.My next heaters will be another brand.

Real Name
    Francis

Just noticed the LFS selling the Ehiem heaters.....they got a new box cover and not sure they if they got a new model ....any clues?

they got a red part near the knob.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...ish-supply.jpg
    Last edited by seanyuki; 01-07-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

I've been having Jager problems too.. bought some Sera's from Aqua-cave. So far I like them!

Registered Member

The LFS replaced the 250w for me yesterday and now another jager 250w I have is messed up. The red pointer moves about 1/4 inch in each direction when I adjust the temp, so much for calibration.It should only move when forced, not with the blue temp dial.Some companies always screw up a good thing.I have 2 rena smart heaters, about 4 months old, on cannister intakes in my 75 and so far they are rock solid.

Any first hand experiences with these sera heaters..I am switching my stealths over to jagars now and so so happy with the jagars..

Quote Originally Posted by moik View Post
    Any first hand experiences with these sera heaters..I am switching my stealths over to jagars now and so so happy with the jagars..

I have two and sent one over to Bob, they are rock solid, no calibration needed, have never had an issue, at all...but I also never had issues with Ebo's...there, I just jinxed myself!

Rodrigo

How long have been using the Seras?? are they built with thick glass tubes like the jagars??

How long have been using the Seras?? are they built with thick glass tubes like the jagars??
    I've used many of them over the years, they do not look as solid as the ebo's but they work!

Rodrigo

Registered Member

I ordered one from Aquacave to try- not that I've had any trouble with jagers. Their website that I linked above says 2mm glass, like jagers, but doesn't say what kind. The box says manufactured in the EU. They're CSA certified, not UL that I can find. No big deal. Non-polarized flat 2 prong cord. Pilot light. They have a whole different way of arranging the heater wires inside than jagers, and come with a plastic guard. The 300w I have is considerably shorter than a jager of the same wattage- 14" vs 18". I'll get it going rather shortly, see how it does.

Altogether decent price & service from Aquacave, btw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast