ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Who Got Snow?!!

Default Re: Who Got Snow?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    Hey it got to 3 today! Yippeekiya! Bill, stop complaining dude! Heels probably look mighty pretty on him!
    I'm with you Vera
    I was actully thinking of wearing Uggs.Wrestler?I'll take that,Bill.Man..I know some of us have been beat'in up with the snow,but we've got a sliding door in the back,and I blink,it's another foot of drift.It's the opening and knowing it's going to fall in.Well...when we went out,the pup is usually an idiot,but now he's on pain killers and downer's,kinda like high school,and inststead of going out 30ft,he went out 3ft.He never go's on the deck but even he was "this is enough" and stopped there and peed.I've never had a pure bred dog,but after this sugery,I've paid for 1 1/2,maybe a full 2,depending on the breed.
    Last edited by Bill63SG; 02-02-2011 at 03:44 AM.

I'm getting a bit worried. My neighbor lent me his roof rake last week and told me where I could find one. I didn't get to the hardware store in two days and they were all gone. I had no idea when he told me that he meant, if you're going to get one, go right now! I can't climb on my roof. He has been diligently clearing my driveway but he's out of state for a few days. I have to park by the house instead of by the road so I can run an extension from the fish room to the car inverter if power goes out. I have to make sure during the day that the basement bulkhead doesn't freeze shut. I had snow days yesterday and today, but I have to get out tomorrow!

hmm martha, can u hire someone
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

I asked the neighbor if he knew someone. He didn't. I'm new to the area and the people across the street are the only people I know around here. I'm sure I will meet more come spring, but...

Say Al, fancy a visit?

I hire off craigslist but not sure how rural u are
    Jennie,

yippy, I only got one big sheet of ice here vs what you all have. I'm glad it melts a lot quicker than snow. Best of luck to everyone.

Wendy

Registered Member

Bill...my Beagle was the only one who ventured down the stairs. She carved a groove down in the yard. I had to boot the other two out on the porch. Once I opened that door and they saw all that white stuff, they turned and ran back into the house! Hope your dogs surgery went well. Now the temps. are supposes to drop, so this crap aint going nowhere!...Bill

LOL, It is -17 here..too cold to snow! But is interfering with me getting my new tank here and my new fish!
    Jennie,

Remember to feed the wild birds. Stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Petco, TSC & Petsmart should all have wild bird seed available.

I've been largely spared the snow this time though I am not sure thats a blessing or a curse since We got hammered with Ice and freezing rain.....Real pretty sight all shining and glassy, until th trees snap.. A few have.

Haven't lost power here yet though parts of the town are out...Fingers crossed that it turns to rain soon.

Say Al, fancy a visit?
    Martha, My backs so sore that I don't think I could pick up a shovel...I had a torn Pectoralis before all this white junk....can't imagine how long that will take to heal now! Sorry.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

It's Feb. 2nd here in central KY. Although cold, 25 deg. we are enjoying sun shine and no snow for the time being. I work in a hardware store and we can't give a snow shovel away. An hour and a half north is Artic snow conditions. Go figure.
    Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by dawrtw View Post
    It's Feb. 2nd here in central KY. Although cold, 25 deg. we are enjoying sun shine and no snow for the time being. I work in a hardware store and we can't give a snow shovel away. An hour and a half north is Artic snow conditions. Go figure.
    Yep the Ohio river must be some kind of barrier for Kentucky. Seems like 90% of the time the bad stuff stays north of us just along that line.
    My wife names my fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    LOL, It is -17 here..too cold to snow! But is interfering with me getting my new tank here and my new fish!
    that sux jennie , when is the shipment due
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

hopefully tomorrow vera! got my hands full now! not sure about tank???
    Jennie,

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Bill...my Beagle was the only one who ventured down the stairs. She carved a groove down in the yard. I had to boot the other two out on the porch. Once I opened that door and they saw all that white stuff, they turned and ran back into the house! Hope your dogs surgery went well. Now the temps. are supposes to drop, so this crap aint going nowhere!...Bill
    We got 3-4 feet depending on the drifting.There is a town west of here called Hampshire,I heard the got a 20ft drift thru town.I went out back to clear the heat rings on my pond,and they must have created a thermal blanket,and my left leg went in.Needless to say,I went down and I cant get up,slippery snow,slippery bottom of pond.My wife thinks I'm having a heart attack because all she see's is me flopping around,not able to get up.Was thinking of you when the Blackhawks lost power,but if your on here I geuss i'ts O.K.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast