AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Quick update

Default Quick update

I have had several issues since moving to my new home. And some things are still a work in progress.

The water changed, I moved 5 miles away but to another city. The fish did not like the change! I lost all my wild browns and several heckels.

I took down all my plants. So from fully planted to bb kind of hurts my heart. I think there may be a learning curve going to bb. I never had one before. The concept is simple enough, but I'm learning to keep the tanks clean. I will return to planted tanks soon I hope.

I set up a fishroom in the cellar. I know I need to post picks. I'm working at that. Johnn did the plumping and is a constant help!!! I have pairs that breed before and I hope they may again. So I have 3 confirmed pairs in 40g breeders. I have a couple 75's and 20 talls. I'm running air from a pump I got from a member here.

The heckel crosses are o.k. The pair have had a tough transition. They got thin on me, then when they seem healthier they start picking at one another. I've separated them, moved them to separate tanks and when whenever they get back together within a week they are at it again. I finally moved them to the 135g. Hoping the community can assist them. I been in this very place with my marriage. 14 years and getting better. The single heckel has been in the 135g dominating 1/2 the tank. I hope it will pair up soon. I will gladly give a 75g to them.

I wouldn't have made it this far without the knowledge I gained here! Thank you all and I hope to be back more regularly.

Robert

On a side note. My children like the change less then the fish. They require some much attention and I love them so. My 5 yr old managed to get suspended, how's that for your kids are 3 times worse then your were!!! chips off the old

Default Re: Quick update

Sorry to hear about your losses. It seems to happen to people that move. Best of luck in the future.
    Wendy

Registered Member

Default Re: Quick update

Sorry to hear Rob...that SUX! Loosing wilds is always the worse. You'll be back in the swing of things in no time. All the best...Bill