AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking to upgrade heaters

Registered Member roundfishross's Avatar

Default Re: looking to upgrade heaters

glass

Registered Member

Good God, Hans, glad you woke up at all! That is a really scarey story. Hope you still have enough brain cells left to count to 10, huh? No kidding.

Best regards,
    Harriett

glass or metal heaters,,trying to make my mind up..really do not if there is a good heater anymore..Heaters are a product of use and question of longevity..oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Been using VIA-AQUA heaters with absolutely no problems. As of right now are the only ones I buy. and are cheap too!...Bill

Registered Member

These are glass. I tried some Penn-Plex Guardians awhile back because of their metal tube...Garbage!...Bill

you are pretty confident in these via aqua heaters?? how long have ytou been using them? I am a old school person and hard for me to change but really love to hear first hand postive advice..thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    These are glass. I tried some Penn-Plex Guardians awhile back because of their metal tube...Garbage!...Bill

the built in heater on my Ehiem went bust two weeks ago. the display never worked right from day one. I decided on the jbj because of the controller. easy to set up and mag mounts on the heater and probe instead of suction cups. yes, it's a bit pricey but so far I'm happy with it.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by moik View Post
    you are pretty confident in these via aqua heaters?? how long have ytou been using them? I am a old school person and hard for me to change but really love to hear first hand postive advice..thanks
    Been a almost 2 years since I tried my first one. Not a long time, but for most heaters I have tried, 3-5 months, and they show their true colors. I will be ordering more to have on hand, and to replace some older misc. brands I have...Bill

Your pretty much making my mind up...worth a try atleast..thanks

if you use canister filters, something to consider is the hydor inline heater. Ive used them in the past and I'm currently using just one 300 watt on my 90 gallon tank. It keeps my temperature at 84 degrees easily. I've never seen the temp fluctuate more than half a degree or so.

the best thing about it is, you don't see it.

Registered Member

say Bill-u ordering from pet mountain? they seem to have the best price...if not let me know. im looking for about a dozen...thx for all the imput.

I just boxed up 8 stealth heaters to be sent back for warranty replacements.. 3rd and 4th time for some of these heaters to be replaced ,I will use them for backups only..I am still alittle confused on which brand to buy now..

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Still wonder why I pay a fortune on heating the whole building............ oil is cheaper as fish soup lol

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member roundfishross's Avatar

Hans, what dp you do when then central heat takes a dump?

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by roundfishross View Post
    Hans, what dp you do when then central heat takes a dump?
    Go to bed and hope the next day everything will be okay

No just kidding, I've 2 big oil heaters one in each part of the building, fans blowing to both sides to transport the air/heat. If one gives up, the other keeps it up for a while.

But....... just before Christmas one worked and shut off, if you restarted it, it worked fine, till it shut off and had to restart again.......

Had 3 or 4 companies in, nobody could solve the problem, from before Christmas till in the New Year, every 2 ~ 3 hours (24/7) to the fish house to check, now if you get there at 3am and it's off, you didn't come for nothing. Most frustrating was if you come out of your bed, drive to the fish house and it's working #$#@#$%&^% could have stayed in my bed lol lol

Problem is solved now, it was was I said from the beginning, the tank was to far from the heater, they moved the tank and from that moment it haven't shut off on me anymore.

We also have now 11 big dehumidifiers running, they give a nice heat and if the oil gets empty (never will because they refill every week) I've 12 electric space heaters.

If power goes out, see top first line,

Hans

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

good gawd, can't imagine the bills??
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast