ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch, only 1 year left!

Default Ouch, only 1 year left!

Well, I am not destined to stay in Japan. I was hoping to stay another tour but I got disapproved. Its not that big of a deal but I cannot expand on my fish keeping/breeding and I will eventually have to sell all the fish when the time gets near. I am hoping to stay overseas and won't know if I get selected for another overseas tour for another 3 months. If I don't get selected for an overseas assignment, I will be heading back to the US of A. And if that is the case, I won't know where until October. I've had some amazing assignments since I have been in the military so I am glad for that.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Ouch, only 1 year left!

Eddie,
    I sure someone will pick you up.
    Hang in their and the best of luck.

...Ralph

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Don't worry Eddie, we will be glad to have you back in the US if you come home and just think about all the discus get- togethers you will be able to go to. How about Seymour Johnson AFB, Goldsboro, NC? It is a very nice base and only 2 hrs. from the coast. It is 1 hr. from us.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Maybe Eddie it is time for you to settle down, be a family man and not a military man?
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Eddie, s**ks you were not approved. I'm sure something will turn up. I'm sure also you are disappointed about not being able to expand your fish keeping/breeding program.

Don't know if it is really possible, but have you ever considered finding a exporter there and have them ship your fish to someone with a inporter license here? With all the friends you have made I bet you could find someone here who would import them for you (for the cost of course) and hold them till you are set up again. You have some fish worth keeping!!
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Hey Eddie,
    Thats a real bummer, but don't lose heart yet Bud, a years a long time and you never really know whats going happen until it does. All the best to you!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Ha, and here I was thinking you were Japanese.

You've done enough for everyone here that I'm sure in the next year you can find a connection that'll let you get your fish sent to wherever you're headed at the end of this tour... might have some costs associated with it, but totally worth it as opposed to having to start over from scratch.

Thanks everybody! As Al mentioned, alot can happen in a year. I'll keep you all posted on my next location once I know. Then I can try work something out with an exporter like Larry suggested. I do want to keep some of my fishes for sure. Hate to have to give them up
    Visit Eddie's Place

So sorry Eddie , hope they'll send u to some nice place for yr next assignment
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Not a long time 'friend', but if I can be of any help, just give a shout..Fully retired, own my property, have ton's of tanks, and always ready to build another fish room.(we're getting a bit tired of the cold; looking into warmer property for ourselves, parrots,fish,and other stuff that doesn't care for the weather.) At any rate, don't woory, it's bad juju.
    Gary
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    So sorry Eddie , hope they'll send u to some nice place for yr next assignment
    I know! Me too! Cross your fingers and toes.

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    Not a long time 'friend', but if I can be of any help, just give a shout..Fully retired, own my property, have ton's of tanks, and always ready to build another fish room.(we're getting a bit tired of the cold; looking into warmer property for ourselves, parrots,fish,and other stuff that doesn't care for the weather.) At any rate, don't woory, it's bad juju.
    Gary
    Thanks Gary, long time friends are not the only real friends people can have. I appreciate the offer! Sounds like you are living my kind of life, always ready to build another fish room!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Maybe you can get Frankfurt, or Ramstien -- only 4 hours from Stendker hatchery! Good luck - things can change fast in a year. I spent 4 and half in Germany in the late 80's early 90's - wish I had known about discus back then. Nothing's certain until you get orders!

Hope it works out for you.

Adam

Eddie dont sweat it who knows maybe youll wind up someplace cooler than Japan. Time will tell Bro the possibiltys are endless!!
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

You will make it a great tour no matter where you go Eddie and resilience runs in our blood!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast