AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ouch, only 1 year left!

Default Re: Ouch, only 1 year left!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

CONUS, not sure, West Coast probably. Will try to get back to my home, in Cali. I'd probably get to Travis since I am qualified on C-5/C-17s. Plus one of the SQ Commanders at Travis is trying to get me out there if I go CONUS.
    Oh or McGuire huh? Probably better off at Travis. I think Eglin has -ONE- C5 for testing. Although you have a ton of options for overseas... I would probably go with Aviano, Ramstein, or Rota if I were you...
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ericatdallas View Post
    Oh or McGuire huh? Probably better off at Travis. I think Eglin has -ONE- C5 for testing. Although you have a ton of options for overseas... I would probably go with Aviano, Ramstein, or Rota if I were you...
    I've already been to Rota, Ramstein isn't too bad and Aviano doesn't have C-5/C-17s. I mean, I'm a MSgt so I can be sent to ANY base that has heavy's (cargo/bombers). I'm not looking for eastcoast AT ALL. I could get to Hurlburt or Eglin easily since I am also MC-130P/H/E qualified and I am already in AFSOC (which sucks) LOL. I'd like to get back to Europe but we'll see.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

I've already been to Rota, Ramstein isn't too bad and Aviano doesn't have C-5/C-17s. I mean, I'm a MSgt so I can be sent to ANY base that has heavy's (cargo/bombers). I'm not looking for eastcoast AT ALL. I could get to Hurlburt or Eglin easily since I am also MC-130P/H/E qualified and I am already in AFSOC (which sucks) LOL. I'd like to get back to Europe but we'll see.
    Go to Minot :P

I just PCS'ed from Eglin, I have a 2br/1.5ba condo on Santa Rosa across the street from the beach if you end up that way
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ericatdallas View Post
    Go to Minot :P

I just PCS'ed from Eglin, I have a 2br/1.5ba condo on Santa Rosa across the street from the beach if you end up that way
    Where are you now? Minot......NOT! LOL
    Visit Eddie's Place

Where are you now? Minot......NOT! LOL
    I'm at Wright-Patt.

Ah, okay.
    Eric

Why not Minot?! Travis would work out pretty good for the Bay area types. You'd be an asset to the bay area discus group I'm sure, and Kenny is just down the way
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by inmisawa View Post
    Why not Minot?! Travis would work out pretty good for the Bay area types. You'd be an asset to the bay area discus group I'm sure, and Kenny is just down the way
    Yeah, that would be great! I'll know more by the summer.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Don't pick on Minot if you haven't been there, I spent 3 years there and wanted to stay longer. I enjoyed the 4 day work weeks and the fishing and hunting.

Travis is nice but I been retired from the A.F for 14 years now so things change. I been to Wright-Patterson and didn't care for it. Too many uppity civilians.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Discusgeo2 View Post
    Don't pick on Minot if you haven't been there, I spent 3 years there and wanted to stay longer. I enjoyed the 4 day work weeks and the fishing and hunting.

Travis is nice but I been retired from the A.F for 14 years now so things change. I been to Wright-Patterson and didn't care for it. Too many uppity civilians.
    LOL, everybody has horror stories but you are right, its all about what you make of the place. It still won't ever make it on my dream sheet.
    Visit Eddie's Place

...its all about what you make of the place.
    True statement. For me, I'm not much of an outdoorsman and I can't stand the snow so Minot wouldn't be the place for me. Don't take this wrong Eddie, but I hope I don't see you at Edwards. I have a similar feeling to George's about the civilians there, except I think they're all retarded. Like I said before, if I ever went back AD, Singapore would be the top of my list!
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by inmisawa View Post
    True statement. For me, I'm not much of an outdoorsman and I can't stand the snow so Minot wouldn't be the place for me. Don't take this wrong Eddie, but I hope I don't see you at Edwards. I have a similar feeling to George's about the civilians there, except I think they're all retarded. Like I said before, if I ever went back AD, Singapore would be the top of my list!
    I'll throw it on the list but its not available to me. Being an E-7, 2A5X1, I am limited to certain overseas locations. I'll be happy to get back to Europe. My luck, I'll get Yokota (a puddle jump away). LOL
    Visit Eddie's Place

Yeah, being an F-16 pointy head limited my choices when I was in so I feel you on that.
    Anthony

Make all you military time good times because I miss it, the people, traveling, seeing the world. For me I got to see a lot of place's as a K-Loader mechanic traveling with that monster filling the back of a C-130 or a 141 going to different spots in the world. I finally retired out of Luke in Arizona and enjoy the weather here. The dry heat makes it a nice place to raise my discus. It looks like we may be getting the new fighters here I believe it is the F-35
    Last edited by Discusgeo2; 03-21-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Discusgeo2 View Post
    Make all you military time good times because I miss it, the people, traveling, seeing the world. For me I got to see a lot of place's as a K-Loader mechanic traveling with that monster filling the back of a C-130 or a 141 going to different spots in the world. I finally retired out of Luke in Arizona and enjoy the weather here. The dry heat makes it a nice place to raise my discus. It looks like we may be getting the new fighters here I believe it is the F-35
    Heard lots of great things about Luke, not so much the base but the location. I guess each individual workcenter has its pluses and its negatives.
    Visit Eddie's Place

simplydiscus.com without Eddie; will not be simplydiscus.com
    MFK member - Either way.....Wow, youre so overstocked and underfiltered. They need at least a 4000 gallon tank with a million times turnover rate for filtration along with 300% daily w/c's. Make sure to treat with prime and you'll be gold!.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123