AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Discus Tech Notes 2... Wild Greens...The basics and More....

Default Re: Wild Discus Tech Notes 2... Wild Greens...The basics and More....

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_priest View Post
    here's my two rsg's from snook, they were 3.5" when i got them for $45 each early last year
    Very nice!

The greens are the best looking wilds IMO. The green shine they have is like no other. Some day I will have a tank of wild greens some day. I love these photos guys thanks for sharing.

I have just recently joined the forum and enjoy all the information. I have been breeding wild strains for quite a few years and have in the last year really started working with them again. I have a nice pair of Greens that have been producing for a year and finally have some F1's that are just a year old. Interesting how both parents tend to have a slightly more elongated body as some have mentioned earlier in this thread. But the F1's have much better confirmation. I will take some photos and post soon.
    Last edited by JamesP; 03-28-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Registered Member

Welcome James!...Congrats on the breeding of the wild ones. We would love to see pics of the F1's, and anything you may have noticed rearing them that's different from domestics...Bill

Thanks Bill here is a picture of the male with his most recent batch. Sorry for my reflection in the photo.

This photo is of the pair. The females green is much more intense but not near the coverage. Mostly on lower half of the body.

The next two photos are of the F1's from these parents. They are just one year old.

It is nice to finally see the coloration potential as the mature. Most people expect colors like on hybrids which seem to develop earlier. I personally think it is worth the wait.

Registered Member

Great looking pair and fry James!...The pair is VERY nice. True, the F1's do take a bit longer to develop and color up. Your F1's are keepers for sure! Supposedly, crossing those F1's back to the parents and/or to each other, give a more predictable, pleasing result. I never took it that far yet to find out, but hope to...Bill

Killer GREENS!!! Love the rich creamy color in the F1s. I would like a nice tank full!
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Now thats what I'm talking about!! Great job. Thanks for posting the pictures. Now tell us anything special you do to breed them. Have you breed domestics? What are the general differences you see? I have been told that wilds don't breed as often as domestics do you see this with yours?
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

James, love your pair and the F1. I have a group of young green tefes and I really like them. Very out going and active.

Registered Member Discus Origins's Avatar

Nice F1s, the colors once developed look awesome!

Mark

Jim! Good to 'see' you here again...Lookin' good, matey.....G
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Great job on breeding your wilds. Keep the pics coming.
    Kacey

Quote Originally Posted by kaceyo View Post
    Great job on breeding your wilds. Keep the pics coming.
    +1

Real Name
    Matt

James, those greens look awesome. And those F1s are stunners for sure.
    -Matt

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimg View Post
    +1
    +2

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast