ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Discus Tech Notes 3... Solid Browns and Blues...The basics and More....

Default Re: Wild Discus Tech Notes 3... Solid Browns and Blues...The basics and More..

hey Bill, you playin with photoshop? lol. man those fish are glowing.

Registered Member

Default Re: Wild Discus Tech Notes 3... Solid Browns and Blues...The basics and More..

If referring to my fish...That's the flash going thru heavily tannin water. But yea, they shine...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Far to much credit. They were small and looked rough but healthy. Never had to treat them for anything and just keep them as simple as possible. That's all I capable of anyway so got lucky.
    Far too modest. I wish to be as lucky as you've been.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

These are a pair (hopefully anyway!) of $250.00 each Curua reds that I had for about 1 week before pic was taken. To me I love the shape pattern and color and they will improve as they relax.
    EC kept at 250, temp 82, daily 40% wc ro tap mix catalpa leaves in a bag help with tannins.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attach...0&d=1293217055

This is a brown I have had for 8 years bought in lfs for $75.00 I like this mostly because the body is a solid brown but the fins have a nice red and black halo with blue striations in the fins. temp 83, ec 550+- in planted tank

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attach...1&d=1290123587
    These are a mix of blues and browns in the same tank http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSC_0048-2.jpg

I'll get to the greens as soon as I get pics
    Last edited by jimg; 01-27-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Registered Member

Great looking Cura Reds!...HOWEVER...for the price paid for each, I can see a difference in quality, mainly with the smaller(female)one. Not sure how you picked those, or if even allowed to discuss prices in here...Both great fish none the less, and hopefully are a pair...Bill

Registered Member

Hey William,
    I have a question about the Wild Blue Discus. I hope that's the same as "Wild Rio Canuma Blues". First I must say....
    those r beautiful discus. Where did you ordered them from? I would really like to receive a couple soon. Can u PM me?
    Julian

Registered Member

Hi Julian...PM sent. But not Canuma's, which are more red based...Bill

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Jim, like your Curua reds.

Quote Originally Posted by jimg View Post
    This is a brown I have had for 8 years bought in lfs for $75.00
    Wow, 8 years from a lfs wild is a testament to your good care. Everyone of those are very nice. Great job.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Jim, like your Curua reds.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Wow, 8 years from a lfs wild is a testament to your good care. Everyone of those are very nice. Great job.
    Bill
    Thank you.
    It was in a lfs in a 20 gallon tank with 3 or 4 others,what a chance I took! lost it last summer though.....sad day!

Registered Member Discus Origins's Avatar

Hi guys,

Here is my group of Cuipeau's that I purchase from Oliver about 7 months ago as young adults. They were $250/each. The striations are starting to come in on a couple of the larger ones while it looks like the smaller ones will remain solid body color so I should end up with a good ratio of males/females.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm happy to say that I was finally able to get some wild discus of my own, and I'm very pleased with them. After I picked them up at the airport, they went into the tank and I was pretty surprised when they ate right away. I was expecting them to be really nervous and shy, but they aren't at all. My photography skills leave much to be desired, but here are some shots:

Real Name
    Ralph

Man-o-Man, great score Len.
    Good to see that you also have the wild itch. They will sure thrive in your care and look forward to more pics.
    Enjoy,
    ...Ralph

I was pretty happy Ralph. I've actually been looking for awhile, but getting anyone to ship across the border was not going to happen unfortunately. I lucked out and got these far easier than I ever imagined possible. I'm especially glad that I got the largest available. My plan is to redo my 130, get rid of most of the filter sand bottom (messy PITA) and already ripped out most of the plants. I've seen some really nice tanks on here with lots of wood that are really classy and natural looking. Then of course I can get MORE wilds

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast