ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wild Discus Tech Notes 3... Solid Browns and Blues...The basics and More....

Default Re: Wild Discus Tech Notes 3... Solid Browns and Blues...The basics and More..

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    I'm waiting on a few of his Mar-Mari Heckles right now (can't wait, usually not too excited on new deliveries)..Tank's been cycling for a month or two..Hope to have as good of luck out of the shoot as you have...
    Gary
    How can you not be exited about a discus delivery? Especially from Hans! to me it's better than Christmas! and I've gotten maybe 15 or so deliveries each one is still a sleepless night!

Default Re: Wild Discus Tech Notes 3... Solid Browns and Blues...The basics and More..

Jim,It's not that ther's no excitement, but it's usually the barren tundra around here, so the 'sleepless' is for worry, not excitement!.. It's fair enough out now, that whenever they come, it'll be above freezing...on a sub note, off to get a 125 next week in Minneapolis for this recent expansion...
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Jim,It's not that ther's no excitement, but it's usually the barren tundra around here, so the 'sleepless' is for worry, not excitement!.. It's fair enough out now, that whenever they come, it'll be above freezing...on a sub note, off to get a 125 next week in Minneapolis for this recent expansion...
    Ha! my sleepless part is due to ups and fedex and it's not as bad as where you are..I could only imagine!

Yep! They left my last order from Kenny in an uncontrolled wherehouse at 18 degrees outside to wait overnite!..I drove 110 miles round trip to get them to open the wherehouse and let me get them to warm water ....jeesh!....(I'm prepared for the same failure regarding these Heckles....)
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Yep! They left my last order from Kenny in an uncontrolled wherehouse at 18 degrees outside to wait overnite!..I drove 110 miles round trip to get them to open the wherehouse and let me get them to warm water ....jeesh!....(I'm prepared for the same failure regarding these Heckles....)
    Sucks...especially what they charge for shipping to you

Hi,

I am a Brazilian breeder and love wild discus, especially from Cuipeua Lake , North Alenquer .
    I have some of them:

dsc00150iq.jpg
    ft14.jpg

It has been got with Mrs Kamoshida and Yamamoto a exporter in Goiania city near from Brasilia.
    These pictures are from a hatchery, when they have more than a thousand wild discus.

kamoshida.jpg
    img0979f.jpg
    img0974h.jpg

I hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by Mauricio; 11-25-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Real Name
    Mauro

Hi Mauricio, welcome to the forum. Congratulations for your wilds. I also got mine from Yamamoto and Kamoshida (WB Sabby). May be you could get new pictures of your collection and open your own thread here in the section "From the Source: The Amazon".

Abraco,

Hi DiscusBR, Thanks to reply.
    They have beautiful discus there.
    I will do it.

Abraço.

Got 10 new Wild Blues today. They seemed to settle in quickly and were gobbling red wigglers about an hour later. They also attacked some beef heart mix a little later. Water looks messy in the video, but they had just been fed the BH mix.

Len

Very Nice! their checking out their new pad! good luck with them.
    Jim

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Lots of nice red on those blues and very cool they are already eating.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by jimg View Post
    Very Nice! their checking out their new pad! good luck with them.
    Thanks. I sure hope they like it. I redid it especially for them and it was a lot more work than I thought it was going to be. I drilled my 77 and plumbed it to a 33 gal fluid bed filter, after making a taller stand to give me room to work underneath and threw together a canopy with an LED strip. After many delays, snags and frustration I was about ready to give up and get the canisters back out, but I'm glad I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Lots of nice red on those blues and very cool they are already eating.
    I was pretty surprised they ate so easily. When I stand in front of the tank they gather like a flock of birds looking for food. I'm anxious to see what the red colours develop into after I've had them for awhile. I'll post some updated pics in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Len; 03-12-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Len

One week update on the wild blues

Len

Thought I'd post an update. It's almost 3 months since I got them. One looks pretty beat up after he decided to jump into the overflow. After a got him out another decided to try it and sadly didn't survive.

Len

They are gorgeous looking!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast