ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Discus Tech Notes 4... Wild Blues Patterned...The basics and More....

Registered Member

Default Re: Wild Discus Tech Notes 4... Wild Blues Patterned...The basics and More....

Quote Originally Posted by teow12 View Post
    Alenquers Cuipeau Royal from Hudson about 230-300 euro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFKBAhOv0_k&feature=plcp
    OHMYGOSH.... how do I find some for sale with sponors on here.??? ? I am in love with the colors...

Real Name
    Mauro

Default Re: Wild Discus Tech Notes 4... Wild Blues Patterned...The basics and More....

Mark (Discus Origins) and John (Snookn21) sell wilds.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kate

I realize this is an old thread- so I'm hoping you're still on here and still active with the wild discus kids. I have had domestic discus of all strains and sizes but got my first pair of large Wattley f2 Jaraqui Royal about 6 weeks ago. I had to put them in a 30 gal quarantine tank and they were very reluctant to eat so I endured the disgusting black worm culture and they're now beginning to eat blood worms, brine shrimp, etc. They are so STUNNING.
    My quick question is this: I get different opinions on keeping the wild pair (f2 so not truly out of the wild) with the domestic in my big planted tank. If they all get along what's the big deal of keeping them together? I don't intend to breed them.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matthew Peter Brown

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Given the Intense interest in Wild discus...I propose we start a discussion here about wild Discus and the traits that make them desirable apart from Domestics and compared to each other.... Some of this is subjective........ But I think if we do this is an intelligent general way alot can be learned by those new to the wild side of things or leaning there.

I think a good way to do this is for hobbyists here to post their fish, list the prices paid, and point out what they feel is the strong points and weak points of their fish....WE can do this for each major type of wild and build a database.. No need to discuss where the fish came from...do that by Pm if you want.,

I encourage others to comment on the fish if they can as to strengths and weaknesses... understand this will happen if you post to this thread.

Thanks...

This thread Wild Blues with Pattern, striations etc.
    -al
    Spot on....prices in the UK go from £55 to £300 average £ 175.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matthew Peter Brown

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Given the Intense interest in Wild discus...I propose we start a discussion here about wild Discus and the traits that make them desirable apart from Domestics and compared to each other.... Some of this is subjective........ But I think if we do this is an intelligent general way alot can be learned by those new to the wild side of things or leaning there.

I think a good way to do this is for hobbyists here to post their fish, list the prices paid, and point out what they feel is the strong points and weak points of their fish....WE can do this for each major type of wild and build a database.. No need to discuss where the fish came from...do that by Pm if you want.,

I encourage others to comment on the fish if they can as to strengths and weaknesses... understand this will happen if you post to this thread.

Thanks...

This thread Wild Blues with Pattern, striations etc.
    -al
    Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    I bought these Uatuma Royal Blue wilds, $150ea

Only picture I have right now of the top royal blue in the first picture. It's not fully colored yet, the red base should get darker and hopefully more blue. He has red eyes which is popular.

This is the bottom royal blue from the first picture. The blue has gotten intense, shape is ok and has amber eyes which I actually like as well as red.

I wake up in the morning with wild discus.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    There are Uatuma Semi Royal Blue wilds, $80ea. Had them three days.

Lovely shaped fish...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12