ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 180 in-wall tank with fishroom

Registered Member

Default Re: 180 in-wall tank with fishroom

In my haste to post an upate, I failed to mention some details. The tank is set on 1" high density foam. Interestingly, the foam did not dent even with about 1500 pounds of water on it. I did a complete strip and reseal of the silicone because it was showing some spots underneath the old silicone. I also spent a couple hours trying to remove scratches from the glass. After several different rubbing compounds and an electric buffer, I gave up. I turned the tank around so the back is now the front. This leaves the overflow tubes sitting closer to the front of the tank than I would like. I will now need to come up with a creative way to hide these. Maybe a foam and cement tree trunk? We'll see what happens
    180 gal angel and discus tank
    4-30's
    6-10's

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I like the carve a discus on each rosette idea. My 180 was an acrylic so no trim. Today that tank is a huge reef tank in my old house. I visit it from time to time. My proud and joy today is an acrylic 230 with a group of 9 tefes.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

very nice set up well done m8

Nice work,,

Just one question you have your tanks runiing thru a sump ?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajvdiscus View Post
    Nice work,,

Just one question you have your tanks runiing thru a sump ?
    Welcome to the forum! I have 11 tanks going now and all are run on sponge filters with a linear piston air pump and pvc air system. The only tank with a sump is the 180 in the wall, but I still don't have that hooked up. I am working on the overflows and water delivery to a new rack with 6- 10gal tanks. When finished this will be an overflow type water change at the flick of a switch. After that is in place I need to extend my drain and water supply lines over to the 180. At that point I will decide exactly how I want to plumb in the sump. It gets a little tricky with an overflow style water change when running a sump.
    180 gal angel and discus tank
    4-30's
    6-10's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123