Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: White pimples

Registered Member

Default White pimples

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

white pimples that are bigger than ick on the body and fins.no

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

white zits on fish, eating well, discus without spots of and on feed, flashing.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

salt, heat to 88, now 3 treatments of clout.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

50 gal 7 3 to 4 inch discus, 3 corys

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

60-70% 2 week

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _31____

- ph _7.2____

- ammonia reading 0____

- nitrite reading _0___

- nitrate reading _5-10___

- well water ____

- municipal water ____
    recon r/o
    7. Any new fish/plants added recently

plants

I have been looking through simply and have seen pictures of what it could be but im still unsure. I was hoping that clout would help but one of my best eaters is now not. I dont know if I should continue the clout or treat for bacteria. I wish I could take pictures but I have no camera.

Registered Member

Default Re: White pimples

I was also wondering if I should be deworming and how often? I have powdered levimasol. LOL if thats how to spell it.

If the Clout (Trichlorfon - pesticide) has not produced resluts in 3 days it's time for another treatment. Do big 80% water change and run charcoal for several hours.

Your description indicates possible Chilodonella, perhaps Costia.

If so, I recommend Malachite Green or Quick Cure (MG + Formalin) per label; 1Tbs Salt per 15gal. and Kanamycin antibiotic per label. You may substitute other gram-negative antibiotic if Kana not available.

You may do deworming a few weeks after current issue is cleared.

Registered Member

It seems that the clout might be working, the spots seem to be going away but I have now treat with clout 5x. I have been keeping the salt in the tank and have lowered the temp to about 30. I do have QC if I need it but I'll have to check in to the antibiotic, I have seen furan-2 in the petstore. I hope I can keep my discus they have been thruogh so much with me learning. Thank-you for your help.

Registered Member

oh and I seem to have jumped the gun on the eating thing it was being picky that night I guess, it's eating normaly again. They all are still flashing though.

At 88f the trich in clout didn't do much of anything. Temp should be low when treating with trich, 80f max.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

oh no! I thought the temps had to be low with QC, didnt think clout would be affected. Damm Im just about out of it too. What I have noticed is that some of the spots are gone this morning but there are new ones comeing. So I'll lower the temp but I only have 2 more doses of clout and cant get any more as they do not sell it here in town. If the spots are still there should I start to use QC?

Registered Member

I just looked at all my fish in that tank with a magnifying glass ang they all have white spots on them now. The fish are flashing and staying low in the tank, they are still eating seafood mix and bloodworms but not normaly. their poop is the colors of the food, black sometimes white(seafood mix is white) The spots start small then grow abit bigger( to the size of sugar ) The meds I can get are General cure, Quick cure, different things for Ick, Neoplex(seachem), Tetracycline(API), EM Erythromycin(API), Triplesulfa(API) Is it because the temp was to high for clout to work? or am I using the wrong med? I have tried lots of water changes with high temps and salt as well with no improvement they got worse. What to do? Im lost.

Registered Member

another medication that i have on hand is Life bearer anti fluke. I hate using medications because I dont know whats wrong.

I'd run with the Quick Cure for the next 72hrs. You should see relief from flashing in 4-6hours, but continue for 72hrs. Then we'll reassess.

If ya have the money and don't want to make a return trip, get the General Cure (praziquatnel +metronidazole) & Triple Sulfa too for possible back-up.

Registered Member

triple sulfa states that it is most efective in higher ph and that it doesn't kill the bacteria just doesn't allow it to grow. Should I still use it?

Registered Member

My Discus have most of the symptoms you list on your post. I used Tetra lifeguard all-in-one treatment on the fish. Cured all the symptoms except some pimples on tail fin.I will do a second treatment and see if will cure the pimples also. good med and I bought 150 tablets box at amazon for $10.86.
    Follow the direction and the fish stress out on day 5 and I did a 25% WC on day 5 instead of day 6. after that I do a 50% WC and a little over a week and back to the main tank.

Anything for external parasites will do the trick.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

ok but I dont know anything about these meds, like clout I have used it for 6 days with the temp to high and it did nothing, ph plays roles with some meds, I was hopeing to be told what to do and how to do it with the meds I can get. Im afraid of killing with kindness and fussing. These fish were a gift to me and Im fearful it is going to end badly. I could just cry.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast