AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: White pimples

Sorry to hear. I have no other advice to offer. You've basically hit them for external parasite and bacteria. Fish still are not responding.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Default Re: White pimples

ok, thankyou very much for all your help.

Judy.

Perhaps change RO filters and continue Epsom Salt. Sounds like a water issue at this point - can't be sure. I have to think clean water and a little ES would work for them if water is good.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpdevol View Post
    Perhaps change RO filters and continue Epsom Salt. Sounds like a water issue at this point - can't be sure. I have to think clean water and a little ES would work for them if water is good.
    the ro unit has been running for about 2 months or so, maybe it is time to change the filters all though the ro water still test out fine maybe just the carbon and the white filter need to be changed. The main problem that the fish have is the skin irritation and not eating so I will try it and see what happens.

So what happened with the fish. Did they die, heal, what???

Take care,
    Wendy

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by wendy9722 View Post
    So what happened with the fish. Did they die, heal, what???

Take care,
    Wendy
    the 2 RTs are eating very well but still show skin iratation, I lost the PB and the little red one. The 3 others are not eating and are wasting away so I will probably have to put them down. I feel awful but I dont know what else to do. Thankyou for asking.

If they have now been in clean water for 10days+, perhaps treat the 3 separate with Praziquatnel and Metronidazole (API General Cure). Take one more shot at internal parasites for wasting.

Best Wishes.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpdevol View Post
    If they have now been in clean water for 10days+, perhaps treat the 3 separate with Praziquatnel and Metronidazole (API General Cure). Take one more shot at internal parasites for wasting.

Best Wishes.
    I do have one full treatment of GC but I have to free the ten gallon up that has been holding the plants out of the main tank. I have basically givenup on the idea of discus. I am not able to give them what they need and am finding it way to hard of a hobbie. My plan is to do the best I can in giving them clean water and look after them untill they are no longer but I might aswell try what I have. Thanks for all your help.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    I do have one full treatment of GC but I have to free the ten gallon up that has been holding the plants out of the main tank. I have basically givenup on the idea of discus. I am not able to give them what they need and am finding it way to hard of a hobbie. My plan is to do the best I can in giving them clean water and look after them untill they are no longer but I might aswell try what I have. Thanks for all your help.
    Judy
    This is not true, you can give them what they need. Starting out with poor quality fish is like driving a hoopty, its gonna break down and repairing it won't be worth it. Starting out with good quality is very important.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819