ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: White pimples

Registered Member

Default Re: White pimples

oh and I have the temperature down to 80 now, how long can the discus handle that low of a temp?
    Thank you everyone, I see that I haven't said that your help is very appreciated

You don't have to have the temp that low, only when treating with trichlorfon. The stuff in clout. Have you done multiple water changes to remove all the clout?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

The issue with starting a thread in the disease section, is that you will get a dozen answers and it can sometimes confuse you more than you were, before you asked the question. Lol

Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    The issue with starting a thread in the disease section, is that you will get a dozen answers and it can sometimes confuse you more than you were, before you asked the question. Lol
    AMEN!!!

Registered Member

I am confused and worried that I'll do something wrong and hurt them, I have been seaching on the net aswell to add to it all, my head feels like it's going to pop. I haven't taken the clout out yet, I have been changing water then add clout back to finish what I have left of the med. I was hoping with the temp reduced it would be enough so I wouldn't have to change them to another med. By the way what temp should it be if I do use QC?

With the suspected parasite and QC, you can return temp. to whatever your normal range is (84-86).

Registered Member

I thought the temp had to stay low when you use quick cure. Again Im confused on how to use these meds. I swear my brain just poped. LOL Let me know, tonight Im going to water change to remove the salt cause I read here on SD that quick cure and salt dont mix, but, what do I know accept that if theres a chance its bad I dont want to do it.

QC plus Salt is good. You need to do WC to remove Trichlorfon; I would also run charcoal to ensure Clout is out of water. If no charcoal do 3x WC of 50% each; tonight, morning and then noon - add QC and salt tomorrow afternoon.

Then follow label on QC. See post #3.

Please post link to QC and salt being contraindicated post.

Relax - you got this

Registered Member

Im not sure how to post a link, but I can give u the heading of the thread it was said in. pcsb23(paul) stated in a thread named Gf's discus is extremely sick " The salt in particular is not a good mix with Quick Cure." Eddie has also said several times throughout SD not to mix medications and that salt is a medication. So I asumed it was not a good idea. If I have to use QC I will defenatly remove all traces of clout. My poor fish are now slowing on thier food( maybe because temp is low)

I prefer to use QC at 82f.

I also do not use salt with QC.

Visit Eddie's Place

Malachite Green with Salt has proven successful in many treatments for me. I rarely use formalin based compounds. It is hard to find non-formalin products locally though.

If Eddie and Paul advise against it though, I certainly defer to them

If you have the infestation I suspect (chilodonella or costia), the QC alone should be effective in a relatively short time vs Clout.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I prefer to use QC at 82f.

I also do not use salt with QC.

Yeah I'm with Eddie on this, I don't like using salt with F&MG products.

If the pimples are what I think then sometimes just increasing water change frequency will fix it, as long as you are changing a reasonable amount that is (33% or more). Using something to knock back the water borne bacterial count can be good too as a once off, trichlorofon will definitely do that.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Registered Member

I change 60-70% water every 2-4 days. r/o unit is slow at making the water then I have to add the formula, heat and age it so it takes time. I would add another barrel if I had room but my family isnt willing to let me put it in thier Brm's. LOL. I just purchased a UV steralizer that was running 2 days before this happened so Im hoping once the spots are cleared up it will control the nasties in the water. I was wondering paul what you think the spots are? Have you ever used QC and had a non symptom discus die? I think clout is not working because it has been atleast 10day treatment so far, some of the spots are going but I swear there are new ones poping up. So I do think its time to try QC. What do you think?

Registered Member

Apperently I can't count I have treated for 8days with clout.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Apperently I can't count I have treated for 8days with clout.
    8 days is a while, might be best to give them a rest off meds and just continue with good water changes as Paul advised.

Visit Eddie's Place

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast