AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok here they are!! The fish from infront my house

Registered Member discusmurderer's Avatar

Default Re: Ok here they are!! The fish from infront my house

Quote Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
    Dont mean to hijack the tread but when i was in india I never bought barbs. I can catch 100+ tiger barbs in just 10 minutes and they are wild I have even caught some loaches and wide variety of fresh water shrimps. Local people dont have interest on local fishes. There are no aligator Gar fishes in india. I am not sure how many aligator gar fish cost here in US but I know someone in india who imported a fish paying close to US $2000.
    You are right, the Americans buy my drain fish and i buy Discus from Venezuela and they eat the Discus .
    If killing fish was an art , I WOULD BE THE PICASSO

Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    Oh , thats pretty ! can u put them in the aquarium and take another video , the colors are splendid ,
    i guess they dont call them a million fish for nothing - they can make u very rich lol ,
    as yim11 mention Endlers enthusiasts are always in search of pure strains and pay fair price for them
    Hi Vera , I would love to put the in a tank for another vid. Infront of every house is thousands,i can catch a million infront of three houses. they multiply very fast and i will realy think about exporting .

Quote Originally Posted by mathao View Post
    i remember doing something like that out in the country side when i was a kid used to catch all sorts of darters and what not and shiners and raised them in tanks
    We have a shinny fish in the rivers that we call sardines, i am sure they are the same fish. I am going to do another thread with a vid about the river fish we have down here, and show how we cook at the rivers and take a bath there also.

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Thanks for going to the trouble and sharing that with us. Like everything else the grass is always greener....... Would love to have a large group of those in a tank. Is that actually a storm water drain? Or does it also carry waste?
    Storm water,bath water, dog water,all kinds of water goes through there and in the rainny season the drain gets flooded and it reachesinto my bedroom and u can see guppies swimming in my bedroom . Of corse its a big job to wash out my house after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Very interesting DM! Always a good thing to get to see where others live! Your little guppies remind me of when we lived in the Philippines for 2 years, military base, I was a brand new fish keeper. We found wild guppies living in waste water near our house, in a field I think it was. I netted a bunch, brought them home and put them into some nice clean tap water. They all died within an hour or so. I was very sad and had no idea they thrived in waste water but died in clean water. I should have slowly acclimated them. Thanks for the video and thanks for bringing my memory of Philippine guppies back for a bit. How are your discus doing?
    Barb
    Hi Disgirl,you are right , when u put them in clean water they usually die, those that i caught , thier gills were getting red , i guess it was from the drastic change in water quality.I got rid of all of my old stock and i bought 6 new juvies from an importer to see if he has cryptobia , and so far they are doing good . no signs of the disease.bye for now!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by discusmurderer View Post
    We have a shinny fish in the rivers that we call sardines, i am sure they are the same fish. I am going to do another thread with a vid about the river fish we have down here, and show how we cook at the rivers and take a bath there also.
    Cool , no laundry videos pls LOL
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Hi Vera , I would love to put the in a tank for another vid. Infront of every house is thousands,i can catch a million infront of three houses. they multiply very fast and i will realy think about exporting .
    Good idea DM i wish u best of luck
    what new discus did u get, did u get rid of all previous ones ?
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

so they eat discus what?? never heard this before
    65 gallon w 7 discus,1 albino pleco
    10 gallon qt tanK
    very happy to be back to discus
    www.arjunpun.com

Registered Member

Dude.. you are funny as hell... You got good sense of humor.
    Hi Jennie, This is a drain that has water from everyones bathroom and even water from washing clothes and even washing down a yard with dog poop everything is in there except toilet waste, in my country every house has its own sewer built at the back of the house and its emptied depending on how much KFC u eat.this drain would run before me two miles and before that ten miles but every certain amount of miles there would be an incline so the water would be diverted downhill, so before my house is an incline in the road two miles away so it has alot of houses before me. Dont worry ,i washed my hands with clorox after the video.

Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    Good idea DM i wish u best of luck
    what new discus did u get, did u get rid of all previous ones ?
    Yes i did get rid of all,they all had cryptobia.i got 6 juvies from a guy who imports. So i amchecking them to see if they have any diseases.OH! and don't worry ,i won't put any laundry vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjunpun View Post
    so they eat discus what?? never heard this before
    Hi arjun, Did 'nt you ever read the first book by Jack Wattley, In there they show the Amerindians eating a fried Discus. HMMMMMmmmmmm , Your not a true Discus freak , Youve never read that book!!!!!!! ah ha . I got to report u to All. lol just kidding.

i would quit my day job and export endlers!!! Thats quite possibly the most amazing thing ive ever seen and i wish with all my childhood fantasies that that could be me everyday lol

Quote Originally Posted by DerekFF View Post
    i would quit my day job and export endlers!!! Thats quite possibly the most amazing thing ive ever seen and i wish with all my childhood fantasies that that could be me everyday lol
    lols!!!

serious for wild strains people pay upwards of $30 a pair for endlers. Who needs a job when you can play in the poo water out front?

Quote Originally Posted by DerekFF View Post
    serious for wild strains people pay upwards of $30 a pair for endlers. Who needs a job when you can play in the poo water out front?
    WHAT!!! ARE u serious ? 30 us a pair! WHAAAAAAAAAAt Now i am realy going to ship .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast