Hi Fellow Discus keepers
I too am a convert and now feed exclusively on Blackworm. The nutrition value is excellent. Protein 66.35%, Fat 15.87% and Fiber 0.24%. I use to feed BH mix and FBW but they won't eat that now so in the bin it went. I've nothing against the other feed but Blackworm WOW!. I get deliveries overnight direct from Mall in Styrofoam boxes in sealed oxygenated bags on ice to keep them alive during overnight transport. Live blackworm my fish love the best (15 young adult Discus, Clown Loaches and Tetras and they all love them. A word of caution tho! You must keep the culture clean, well airiated and at around 20-25 C. Dead worms are a NO NO and are hard to recover if they start to die. I keep mine in 30 liter containers with air stones in each and keep the temp down with bottles of ice. I cover them in 4cms of clean rainwater and change the water each day till it is clean and free from any dead. Blackworm is relatively expensive but great for growing out Discus (I suppose it's like giving them Caviar but I don't mind as only the best will do for my little chaps).
I had an outbreak of Planaria when changing over to Blackworm. I was overfeeding dried loose and those worms that stuck to the tank walls attracted Planaria and they multiplied quickly by the day.
Also them not wanting to eat the BH or Bloodworm, so I adjusted my feeding method. (I soon got sick of having to vac out the uneaten BH.)
Much has been said of the benefits and very little regarding any pitfalls of feeding this spectacular live culture, but for those skeptics, Well, Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.
Harry
PS: My dog also ate 100 grms after dragging them of the table when my back was turned. That's 30$ worth in one sitting. Little bugger.