ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Great Lakes Discus

Registered Member

Default Great Lakes Discus

Does anyone know what happened to Cary Strong and Great Lakes Discus? I was really looking forward to buying some fish from him, and I drove out to his store and saw that it went out of business. Does anyone know if he is still breeding?

Registered Member

Default Re: Great Lakes Discus

Wow weird you just said that. I actually just emailed Cary Strong to see if he still deals with Discus. I live in Michigan and he had the best quality without having to order fish and have them shipped. I drove from Port Huron to Farmington Hills and when i got to Choice it was closed. Its a bummer cause it was a amazing store.

Registered Member

If you hear anything please let me know. I don't think that someone who has dealt so much in discus could just disappear. I was really looking forward to buying from him!

Registered Member

Hey Nick,

I found a great store that sells stendker discus. It is called fantastic fins and it is located in livonia, and I know that is quite a trip for you, but I was truly impressed. He had a HUGE selction compared to any other LFS I have been too and he was very reasonably priced. He is a discus enthusiast so he was very knowlegeable. It is definately worth the drive. I picked up 2 blue and red pigeons blood and they are beautiful!

Registered Member

Thanks alot thats good to hear. Ill have to take the trip. Getting nice fish is always worth the drive. Its only about hour and 20 mins from my town.