ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: BLACK GHOST HELP! ASAP

Registered Member

Default BLACK GHOST HELP! ASAP

Hello all,
    as the title suggests, i need some help with my black ghost knife. i've had him for over a year since he was very small and now he's about 7 inches long. i've never had issues with him; he's always been one of the most active fish in my 55 gal (upgrading to a larger tank soon). however, yesterday i noticed that he has the weird grayish spots on the side of his body and he's been unusually unenergetic. i've seen and treated ich before on previous fish but these spots don't look like ich. theyre much larger and not as white; theres only about 4 or so of them on one of his sides.

so i'm just looking for any info on what this could be and how to go about treating it because i know they are sensitive to most meds. thank you!!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: BLACK GHOST HELP! ASAP

I think most here would want a picture if you can do it.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Salt A handfull per 100 litres. That will kill it. I dont know if it will kill the ghost though. It works for discus.

FWIW ghosts are "scaleless" fish.. so any sort of medication has to be used with extreme caution... they can't handle as much as other fish..
    If hard work pays off the easy work is worthless
    120 Gallon (40 sump) Planted Discus Tank
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?88480-The-120-gallon-jungle-(56K-warning)&p=778757#post778757

Years ago I had a Ghost Knife in a 55 gallon tank at about 3" in length. About a year later he had grown to about 7 - 8" and had a couple spots on him. I asked the LFS and they said it could have been stress related due to lack of space. I gave it to a friend who had a 120 gallon tank and the spots went away after a couple weeks.

Maybe the same problem you are having?
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusLoverJeff View Post
    Years ago I had a Ghost Knife in a 55 gallon tank at about 3" in length. About a year later he had grown to about 7 - 8" and had a couple spots on him. I asked the LFS and they said it could have been stress related due to lack of space. I gave it to a friend who had a 120 gallon tank and the spots went away after a couple weeks.

Maybe the same problem you are having?

+1, you could tell them what else you have in the tank...I'd upgrade it right now.