ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are some of the best looking or the most multi colored type of discus?

Registered Member

Default what are some of the best looking or the most multi colored type of discus?

hey people, i am looking for a 4th discus and i i have three i am looking to buy off mike beals and maybe 4 but i cant decide. Does anyone know what is a really good looking with lots of color type of discus or a kind of discus that it is like multi colored. so if any does and know where i can get one in michigan or ohio please tell me. Thanks
    keeper of the fresh

Default Re: what are some of the best looking or the most multi colored type of discus?

wow..solids or striated??
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Registered Member

Default Re: what are some of the best looking or the most multi colored type of discus?

what?
    keeper of the fresh

watch what you do..combining different fish from different sources and putting them in one tank will get you one big problem..not the way to start off.

you find more research first before start if not will waste your money , is not easy to start discus but is easy when you already to know how to take care
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Registered Member

no im not talking about mixing fish i am asking if there is a normal discus thats not a mix that is multi colored and i was asking whats the best looking discus as in color wise in your opinion.
    keeper of the fresh

Registered Member

I think the Calico, and the Nebula, were a couple of the only ones that I new to have more than 1 color...Bill

Registered Member moon_knight1971's Avatar

there's also a thread on the types of Discus strains in the Beginners section. Lots of pretty choices but the names change depending on who or where they are coming from. Copy the pics of the ones you like and see if Mike Beals can get you them. I'm personally loving the colors of the Checkerboard Pigeon and the Royal Ruby Reds.
    Last edited by moon_knight1971; 03-02-2011 at 03:45 AM.

and BIDKA.org has strain info as well...
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

everything is beautiful if you have enough space and could afford them

That hard question, me personally I like one tank 9 fish of any kinda hi quality Turk , one tanks of spotted fish one tank of red fish , one big tank for bulldogs .

so basicly you could choose by color if you like too and any why how you tank set up? is there any dark background or bottom cause that could effect some fish.
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Quote Originally Posted by hedut View Post
    everything is beautiful if you have enough space and could afford them

That hard question, me personally I like one tank 9 fish of any kinda hi quality Turk , one tanks of spotted fish one tank of red fish , one big tank for bulldogs .

so basicly you could choose by color if you like too and any why how you tank set up? is there any dark background or bottom cause that could effect some fish.
    So true hendri

Registered Member

ok thanks everyone i have a black back round and black gravel so it makes the fish glow
    keeper of the fresh

Registered Member

oh and how do i get to the beginner section where it shows types of discus? thanks
    keeper of the fresh

Good luck matt! I'm new to the site too but black backgrounds and gravel are said to darker the discus so you might want to go with lighter colors like tan or blue. Here's the link for the strains: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ners-(pictures)

get albino if u have black background. it will look good.
    65 gallon w 7 discus,1 albino pleco
    10 gallon qt tanK
    very happy to be back to discus
    www.arjunpun.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast