ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low Profile Floating Plants

Registered Member

Default Re: Low Profile Floating Plants

i dont let it spread fully just 1/2 to 3/4 and the covered end i made a lol feeding ring out of co2 tubing so theres allways a lil circle clear

Registered Member

interesting thread, im planning to have floating plant im my 540liter aquarium, but still dont know which floating plant to buy

Quote Originally Posted by mwdw View Post
    thats why i have been wanting to try frogbit. i have a couple HOB filters on 150 gallon. is that to much surface aggitation for the frogbit? what is pp dip?
    i used ALUM 2 tablespoons for 1 gallon and soaked for about 45 min.. that is supposed to kill all snail.. it is another alternative to PP..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

Another option that I use is regular old bleach. It does a good job of killing snails, snail eggs and algae. I use a 5% bleach solution. I let plants soak for 3 min (exactly) then immediately rinse with water and dechlorinator. Any longer may kill your plant (you may want to do bit less for really sensitive plants like mosses). I not lost a plant yet to this treatment, and have not had any new algae issues or snails in my aquarium since I started doing this last year. The treatment is rough on the plant, it will sometimes lose it's leaves but mine have always recovered within a couple weeks. I would rather kill a plant though then accidentally introduce something to my tank. The reason I use this instead of PP is that I read somewhere it is more effective at killing algae and snail eggs but it is definitely harder on the plant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123