ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Question about deleted posts and locked threads.

Registered Member

Default Question about deleted posts and locked threads.

Some posts that disappeared today have me wondering if sponsors have the ability to delete posts and lock threads in their section as it suits them or if a request to have that done is performed without question.
    I started a thread that ran for a few months uninterrupted until the last updated pictures were posted. Things went a bit haywire following the last pictures and the whole thread was removed. I understand the removal at the time. I know it was not MY thread but it was a thread I started with fish I owned. When involved parties were invited to come forward I made a suggestion that the thread could be reinstated up to the last pictures. Those pictures tell PART of a story that is just as valid as PART of a story that remains elsewhere and is apparently being edited to suit.

Default Re: Question about deleted posts and locked threads.

have you asked Al to restore the thread Dorothy?
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Hi Dorothy,
    Sponsors can delete threads and posts in their sections in a what we call "soft" Delete.. This allows them to manage their old sales and posts....They can not permanently delete a thread..Hard Deletes are only able to done by Moderators. I expect all Sponsors to act responsibly when they moderate their sections. Soft Deletes can be reversed by the forum management.

There will be times when a thread is removed by an admin or moderator for review.. Additionally posts may be soft deleted if they are against forum rules or deemed inappropriate ..they may also be split off a thread and used to start another thread..Threads that are removed may or may not be re-instated, and we decide that on a case by case basis. This is at our discretion entirely.

I hope that helps, if you have more questions on this , please drop me a pm.

Thanks,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Thank you Al for clarifying. The job you and your moderators do is to be commended. Thanks for listening to me and responding fairly.
    Not an easy feat but you guys run a great forum.
    Dorothy