ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hello SE Discus Folks!

Registered Member

Default Hello SE Discus Folks!

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to discus. Actually haven't even started my tank yet because I am moving in a week. I recently did a tank trade with bugman and I have always loved discus but was scared to try to keep them. Bugman convinced me it isn't as bad as others have made it out to be over the years. I have successfully kept oscars in the past so definitely not new to fish keeping.

I did want to ask would anyone have any juvies ready and available for sale near the end of the month? I am looking at having my tank up and going by then and was hoping to start out with 4-6 juvies in a bare bottom 75 gallon tank.

Also, what is the best way to measure to determine the size for a top on my tank? Do I measure from the inside of the outside lip to the middle or all the way across?

Thanks and hope to talk to everyone more.

Default Re: Hello SE Discus Folks!

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan27 View Post
    Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to discus. Actually haven't even started my tank yet because I am moving in a week. I recently did a tank trade with bugman and I have always loved discus but was scared to try to keep them. Bugman convinced me it isn't as bad as others have made it out to be over the years. I have successfully kept oscars in the past so definitely not new to fish keeping.
    I did want to ask would anyone have any juvies ready and available for sale near the end of the month? I am looking at having my tank up and going by then and was hoping to start out with 4-6 juvies in a bare bottom 75 gallon tank.
    Also, what is the best way to measure to determine the size for a top on my tank? Do I measure from the inside of the outside lip to the middle or all the way across?
    Thanks and hope to talk to everyone more.
    Hey,
    Welcome to the hobby & the forum. Did you read about the meeting on Sunday the 12th?
    You can get alot of answers & advice there..... while eating pizza!!
    chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Registered Member

Yea Larry did throw me an invite but unfortunately I am in the middle of moving and I got too much to get done to make Sunday. I was hoping I could but just don't think it's going to work out. I move to Woodstock next weekend so hopefully most things will be settled.

LOL, do you really think I traded aquariums with him and didn't already hit him up for the meeting. I have Cliff on our email list but he is too busy this weekend getting ready for his move to make the meeting. I told him you might have some albinos ready before long and gave him Jared and Choppers names since I think they may both have juvies. Do you know any one else that might have juvies available for him to buy and start his first Discus tank.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association