ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is my cycling going well?

Real Name
    Mauro

Default Re: Is my cycling going well?

Quote Originally Posted by jimg View Post
    swimming like that is a sign of stress, most all my wilds did that for a weeks or so. Remember they were from the wild then put in a small tank then into a tiny bag all new to them!
    If they are eating flakes even a little that is good, but imo frozen bloodworms once or twice a week will give them some rougage to keep them clean, i just don't trust fbw so I only use them on new fish a couple times. after awhile I would get them on your own bh mix with a variety of flakes/pellets.
    I don't worry too much about the stress bars,mine have them come and go with all parameters perfect ( I hope!). If I see them dark or stress bars dark and constant, I double check everything.
    The spots will usually go away with good clean water. watch for them on the body though
    Thank you jimg. Hey folks, what about the other questions? Shoul i introduce frozen blackworms?

Real Name
    Mauro

Default Re: Is my cycling going well?

Dear all,

I am officially closing this thread. I would like to thank everyone who have followed my cycling saga, especially those who provided generous comments and suggestions.

Unfortunately, the fish have fallen sick with ick after I made a mistake during WC. I have openned the thread "Rought start: I think my discus got ick" in the diseases/medication section.

Best,

Mauro

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456