AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Not off to Japan/Off to Iraq

Default Re: Not off to Japan/Off to Iraq

Half a dozen???

I know the Army is sick of going over there. I arrived for my 6 month deployment to augment an army unit and they were there 6 months before I got there and two months after I left. When I left, they already knew where in Afghanistan they were going.

Fortunately I'm locked out of deploying until I finished training, otherwise I would volunteer to go again... my wife would kill me for leaving her with 3 babies.

The strange thing is I remember thinking the last time I was there, during the first month over there, "WTH am I doing over here and why did I volunteer?" and the last month, "one more month... one more month..." but I have nothing but the fondest memories of being over there.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    LOL, thats funny. Every morning I had a half dozen eggs over easy, oatmeal, banana and LOTS of coffee. Omelets were good too, but just not enough, I would always have to load hashbrowns and extra cheese on them.
    OM NOMMM NOMM NOMMM!!

Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Brave kittens! Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Hey Eddie, just getting caught back up here. Interesting times eh? My very best wishes to you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    Hey Eddie, just getting caught back up here. Interesting times eh? My very best wishes to you my friend.
    Thanks Steve! Good to see you on the board!

Hope all is well!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Real Name
    Linda

Hi Eddie, thought I drop you a line and wish you the best over in Japan. I use to live in Okinawa back in 77 - 79 with my husband who was station there then. Just felt there was a connection.

Good Luck
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by LKSDiscus View Post
    Hi Eddie, thought I drop you a line and wish you the best over in Japan. I use to live in Okinawa back in 77 - 79 with my husband who was station there then. Just felt there was a connection.

Good Luck
    Linda
    Thanks Linda, been here for a little over 3 years. Its been a pretty good assignment.

Take care!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Real Name
    Matt

I will second, or third the good food. That was some of the best times there. I worked 12hr shifts during the night so I could go at about 12-1am and get anything I wanted to eat midshift. So I had 3-4 meals a day (Midrats ftw!). Steak and lobster every Wednesday. Baskin Robins ice cream bar, grilled sandwiches, tons of fresh fruit.....ah good times!! Those grilled cheese sandwiches were drenched in butter and grease but soooooo good. I had a good ways to walk to and from work each day so it really offset the meals, I was in the gym a good bit but not all the time and I was really happy with the results. Made the food taste that much better. Then I would go back to work and eat the little cereal cups and otis spunkmeyer muffins.

I was at Al Taqqadum (TQ), but Al Asad wasn't to bad. I'm honestly not sure what bases still even have troops on it anymore. I know my company pretty much closed up shop for most of Al Taqqadum, at least its main ops. Then we went to Al Asad, ate burger king, pizza hut, and cinnabon until we went home LOL. Never went to BIAP, but sent tonsssss of people there every night from TQ.
    Last edited by Discus-n00b; 04-14-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    -Matt

Yeah, seems like all the places are closing shop. I'll be going as an advisor so the mission is to better the Iraqi Air Force in the aircraft maintenance arena. I have a buddy that is where I will be going, he gave me lots of great information! It shouldn't be too bad at all.
    Visit Eddie's Place

I thought they closed the burger kings? I didn't have a BK where I was at... just a Subway and Pizza Hut.

LOL, people who aren't in the military may get the wrong impression about what's going on over there :P
    Eric

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789