ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: why are FBW so bad?

Registered Member

Default Re: why are FBW so bad?

Just gave mine to petsmart... man im glad i found this out. Was driving me nuts , actually have a drs apt tuesday because of all the rank allergy stuff i have going on.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    These are just my opinions, so take them with a grain of salt.... I think the largest concerns with blood worms are that they
    1) can cause serious allergic reactions in hobbyists
    2)nutritionally questionable.. not all protein is created equal as far as digestibility and usage. Exoskeletons are not well digested, IMO.
    3) collected in the wild or possibly "farmed" outdoors which means higher potential for for picking pathogens and higher potential for absorbing pollutants.
    4) Sterilized???????Not sure how much faith to put into that but since we don't know the processes used I can't really comment there in any meaningful way
    5) Theres many better foods nutritionally and cost wise.... IMO.

Hth,
    al
    Cut and dry
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Hikari FBW have been a part of my discus' diet since I came back to keeping them 2 years ago. I also feed Carol's beefheart, seafood mix, Hikari FBS, Hikari frozen spirulina brineshrimp, and frozen Hikari mysis. I haven't experienced any allergies to the FBW, and my fish have grown quite large and are overall extremely healthy. They like the FBW and the beefheart best.

The latest batch of FBW does contain some larger specimens, oddly enough, which my smaller discus, ~ 4.5"-5", don't seem to want to eat... the big boys & girls eat 'em all, regardless of worm size. I just started on the new batch, so we'll see how it works out.

They also get occasional treats of FDBW, pre-soaked.
    Last edited by Jhhnn; 03-25-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Well this is funny. Well every fish love real food and not fake one . so do you love the real food or can food? BH is human man made food and you won't find in the wild
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Quote Originally Posted by hedut View Post
    Well this is funny. Well every fish love real food and not fake one . so do you love the real food or can food? BH is human man made food and you won't find in the wild
    Hmmm Hendri, So are you saying that because a food is a "natural" food ( as in found in nature in wild uninfluenced by humans Form) its better for a fish nutritionally than a man made food? I disagree if you are. I hear that arguement about BH not being in the wild a discus comes from all the time..and my reply is neither are tetra bits, pellets,, flakes, Baby brine shrimp, etc...and yet all these are used successfully in the aquaculture of discus. Matter of fact, I don't know a large hatchery out there that does not use Beef, ox, or turkey heart mixes as their main/only food for discus by the thousands and thousands...I doubt that they could afford it if they fed "natural" foods and I doubt that they could meet the nutritional requirements of growing and breeding discus as well without these man made foods.

Tubifex is Natural food...raised in and largely collected in sewage and heavy metal contaminated water...is that better than a commercial man made food or handmade BH heart or seafood mix? I think not...but the Discus do like tubifex greatly!

Adult live Brine shrimp or frozen are another great "natural" food...almost totally devoid of some essential nutrients for fish development...Hence the mfgs now tout "enriching" them ..I've fed these as treats..and man oh man the discus Love them.

-al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 03-25-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Well now that you mention it I have had some of the same things going with eyes etc. I thought it was from the high humidity but Im thinking otherwise. The main diet for my fish right now is freeze dried blackworms. Great growth no mess. If there is a way to buy another kilo from someone(hint hint) Im in the market. Ed
    "There was no spoon"

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    The main diet for my fish right now is freeze dried blackworms. Great growth no mess. If there is a way to buy another kilo from someone(hint hint) Im in the market. Ed
    Got you covered my friend ! Just sent you an email.

thanks!
    -al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I mean is if natural food could make discus grow more bigger and man made food could make discus more beautiful
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

from what I heard, bloodworms cannot be farm raised and can only survive in very dirty environment, which might also be contaminated. they're very hard to clean. Hikari is the cleanest, but still I do not 100% trust it. Seriously, before every feeding of FBW, I first soak the worms in dark PP for 20 minutes and then rinse it very well just to be safe. The only good part of BW is that discus love it and it does not dirt the water. I'd also highly recommend the frozen dried black worms from Al. My fish love it even more than the FBW, and it is nutritious enough to be fed massively as one of the staple food.

Xiaofei

Registered Member

hmm why none of you uses Ocean's nutricion bloodworms ? or am i missing smthing i havent seen it posted anywhere . plus i think its one of the cleanest out there , altho i havent tryied hikari yet !

I'd like to say what are all you people smoking or drinking, or maybe it's because I wash my hands after using FBW's. Maybe it's the individuals using said product. Some people are allergic to grass so does that mean they should rip out there front yards an put concrete in and paint it green or what. I can feel where you guys and gals are coming from but my god it's a fish and a hobby. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going, IMO you either use FBW's or you don't, I do an have never had problem's with any at all. Excuse me Al but it seems because you've had problems now they're all coming out of the wood work, could this be favoritism but this is JMO.................Jim in Ohio

I'd like to say what are all you people smoking or drinking, or maybe it's because I wash my hands after using FBW's. Maybe it's the individuals using said product. Some people are allergic to grass so does that mean they should rip out there front yards an put concrete in and paint it green or what. I can feel where you guys and gals are coming from but my god it's a fish and a hobby. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going, IMO you either use FBW's or you don't, I do an have never had problem's with any at all. Excuse me Al but it seems because you've had problems now they're all coming out of the wood work, could this be favoritism but this is JMO.................Jim in Ohio
    Say what Jim? Do me a favor before you make comments like that and do a net search on it...You'll answer your own question.

Its real simple Jim and it ain't Rocket Science...... go to google.com and enter the words..Bloodworms Allergies

Personally I'm glad that some hobbyists out there have identified their allergy to blood worms...because I'll tell you what if you haven't experienced it...you have not a clue on how bad it can get. I've been bringing this topic up for years on the forum .

Search Results

** Warning About Freeze-Dried Bloodworms ** - FishForums.com
    16 posts - 15 authors - Last post: Feb 13, 2007
    Yeah, im allergic to bloodworms. took me a week before I figured it out. .... I've known about the allergy to blood worms for YEARS. ...
    www.fishforums.com › ... › General › FYI (For Your Info) - Cached - Similar
    Allergic to bloodworms - fishforums.com‎
    ** Warning About Freeze-Dried Bloodworms ** - Page 2 - FishForums.com‎
    bloodworms - fishforums.com‎
    Will Fry Eat Bloodworms? - fishforums.com‎

More results from fishforums.com »
    Get more discussion results

CAUTION! Bloodworms - My Story - Canadian Aquarium Connection ...
    11 posts - 6 authors
    The allergy to Bloodworms is technically a Chironomid allergy, normally rare, but seen amongst fish-keepers and ID'ed as such by scientists. ...
    http://www.canadianaquariumconnectio...owthread.php?t... - Cached - Similar
    Are You Allergic To Bloodworm? - Tropical Fish Forums
    20 posts - 17 authors - Last post: Mar 24, 2006
    Bloodworms may cause allergic reactions. If you MUST use them in your ... Wow, so many people allergic to bloodworms. Are they are other ...
    http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?...c...bloodworm/ - Cached - Similar
    Dried Bloodworms And Dog‎ - 7 posts - Aug 23, 2008
    Fish Food Allergies? Help!‎ - 7 posts - Jan 31, 2006

More results from fishforums.net »
    Anybody else have a bloodworm allergy? [Archive] - SimplyDiscus
    21 posts - 15 authors - Last post: Aug 11, 2006
    I have no real allergies, until i started handling bloodworms. My hands just get itchy, sometimes up my whole arm. ...
    forum.simplydiscus.com/archive/index.php/t-52397.html - Cached - Similar
    Bloodworm Allergy?
    10 posts - 9 authors - Last post: Nov 17, 2006
    Is anyone else allergic to frozen bloodworms?? Last night I was cutting a frozen block square portion of bloodworms up with scissors and a ...
    www.myfishtank.net › ... › General › The Lounge - Cached - Similar
    Aquarist Classifieds Open Forum : Freeze Dried Bloodworm Allergy ...
    aquarist-classifieds.co.uk
    Jan 22, 2008 ... I am new here but have had allergies to bloodworms for sometime now. ... "I've known about the allergy to blood worms for YEARS. ...
    http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.u...opic_59169.php - Cached - Similar
    Re: Bloodworm allergies - very serious
    3 posts - Last post: Aug 15, 1999
    Now I feed bloodworms the very last thing (I would swith to something else, ... Re: Bloodworm allergies - very ,VERY,serious. ...
    aquaweb.pair.com/forums/archives/loach1/index.cgi?read... - Cached - Similar
    What Kind of Allergens Are Found in Bloodworms?
    Jan 6, 2011 ... The allergens in bloodworms are not defined by any scientific study as of yet. They are responsible for several illnesses including asthma ...
    www.brighthub.com › Pets › Aquariums: Freshwater › Food & Health - Cached
    Blood Worm Allergies and food options - NANFA Forum
    8 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Mar 3, 2009
    My adverse reaction to frozen bloodworms and/or brineshrimp is getting progressively worse....hives, red blotchy face, ...
    forum.nanfa.org/.../7150-blood-worm-allergies-and-food-options/ - Cached - Similar
    Blood worm gave me allergic reaction? - Yahoo! Answers
    Mar 27, 2010 ... So I recently bought freeze dried blood worms! ... It's a pretty common allergy. I was once feeding young oscars were I work, a frozen food ...
    answers.yahoo.com › Home › All Categories › Pets › Fish - Cached

Search Results

Bloodworms Allergies
    10 posts - 9 authors - Last post: Sep 8, 2009
    About 4 months ago I had to go see a othamologist because on 3 occasions my eyes swelled to an extent that it worried me that something was ...
    http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showt...orms-Allergies - Cached

Warning to blood worm feeders: - Tropical Fish Forums at the Age ...
    Some people are allergic to bloodworms Lunar, and it sounds like you're one of them. You shouldn't touch them -- use gloves when handling. ...
    www.aquahobby.com › Forum Index › Aqua Lounge - Cached - Similar
    Bloodworm Allergies | eHow.com
    Jul 1, 2010 ... Bloodworm Allergies. Bloodworms are the larvae of insects called chironimidae, or midge flies. They develop in freshwater environments such ...
    www.ehow.com › ... › Special Need Diets › Low-Carb High-Protein Diets - Cached
    Allergic to Dwarf Frog food, frozen blood worms… Now what?
    Jan 22, 2011 ... For the first several years that we had him, I was the one who fed him, and I developed a horrible allergy to the blood worms. ...
    fairyshrimps.com/.../allergic-to-dwarf-frog-food-frozen-blood-worms-now-what/ - Cached
    Bloodworms
    15 posts - 12 authors
    Jump to poor diet? - allergies!‎: Mike Wise wrote: >name), frozen adult brine shrimp, frozen blood worms (rarely since my allergies >to it put me out of ...
    www.thekrib.com/Food/bloodworms.html - Cached - Similar
    Dwarf Puffers - View topic - Hand-feeding and Allergies: Bloodworms
    6 posts - 5 authors - Last post: May 4, 2005
    I also noticed that I am allergic to bloodworms. I didn't wash my hands after feeding them once and my eyes ended up mutantly puffy, ...
    www.dwarfpuffers.com › ... › Dwarf Puffers › Feeding and Care - Cached
    ** Allergy Problem Alert **: Freeze-Dried Bloodworms - Fish Forum
    8 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Feb 16, 2006
    A WARNING TO ANYONE FEEDING FREEZE-DRIED BLOODWORMS TO THEIR MUCH LOVED PET FISH! ** I want to post my story to possibly save anyone from ...
    www.myfishforum.com › Health and Care › Nutrition and Diet - Cached
    Bloodworm allergy [Archive] - Aquarium Forum
    22 posts - 16 authors - Last post: Aug 18, 2010
    Yes, bloodworms are bad for allergies. It's one of those foods you should never handle with bare hands (use a little spoon or something), ...
    www.aquaticcommunity.com › ... › General Aquarium Forum - Cached
    African Dwarf Frogs.. I need to find an alternative to bloodworms ...
    10 posts - 9 authors - Last post: Oct 7, 2010
    I have two african dwarf frogs, and an allergy to bloodworms. Even the frozen ones make my eyes blister, and my throat swell. ...
    www.edmontonreptiles.com › ... › Amphibians - Cached
    Questions about freeze-dried blood worms & tubifex worms [Archive ...
    11 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Jan 5, 2007
    Bloodworms are mosquito larvae, so they are a natural allergen for alot of people. The sales guy at the fish store I buy from has allergies ...
    http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums...p/t-92725.html - Cached

Search Results

Horrible Terrible Bloodworm Allergies - Caudata.org Newt and ...
    Aug 27, 2010 ... Okay. This sucked. Like, alot. Absolutely horrible. I was going to feed my fishies one night, really late, everyone else asleep, ...
    www.caudata.org › ... › Aquatic Insect Larvae (like Bloodworms) - Cached

Blood Worms vs Black worms [Archive] - SimplyDiscus
    18 posts - 10 authors - Last post: Aug 5, 2010
    I have done polls here on simplydiscus that show close to 30% of users of Blood worms are allergic to them and get serious rashes and ...
    forum.simplydiscus.com/archive/index.php/t-81690.html - Cached
    The Daily Apple: Apple #168: Allergies
    May 11, 2006 ... I read that some people are allergic to bloodworms, so I thought maybe that's what's been going on with me. But most people say their ...
    dailyapple.blogspot.com/2006/05/apple-168-allergies.html - Cached
    Allergic to Bloodworms?!?!
    Jan 9, 2010 ... So every couple of weeks my eyes would burn/itch swell shut and my hands would get super itchy to the point where I almost bled from ...
    www.tropicalfishkeeping.com › ... › Freshwater and Tropical Fish - Cached
    Bright Red Worms in a Pond Filter | eHow.com
    Some people can be allergic to bloodworms. Signs of allergy include red, itchy eyes and a stuffy nose. Be sure to wash your hands after handling pond ...
    www.ehow.com › Plant Care - Cached
    betta polls
    Although quite a few breeders I know (including myself) actually are allergic to F.D bloodworms, it seems that the big picture is still pretty good, ...
    www.bettatalk.com/betta_polls.htm - Cached - Similar
    Allergic to Brine Shrimp - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community
    10 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Feb 18, 2007
    i have no other allergies, but get the blood worms thing if i don't wash my hands immediately after handling them. i haven't tried brine ...
    http://www.aquariumadvice.com/.../al...imp-91555.html - Cached
    Allergies to Frozen Bloodworms
    10 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Jan 13, 2008
    Ok, I did something stupid Thursday night. I was feeding Frozen BW and washed my hands but I guess not too well and then rubbed my eye.
    http://www.kwas.ca/forum/showthread....o...Bloodworms... - Cached
    All About » Blood Worm
    Various health problems in humans have been associated with coming in contact with bloodworms. These include respiratory problems, allergies, ...
    www.allaboutworms.com/blood-worm - Cached
    Blood worms dangerous to people?
    Sep 3, 2008 ... Some people have a strong allergic reaction to blood worms. Bad enough to send you to the hospital. Dino is offline ...
    www.fishlore.com › ... › Freshwater Tank Equipment › Fish Food - Cached - Simil

Search Results

Bloodworms As Fish Food | High Protein Diet Plan
    Jan 8, 2011 ... Allergies It is possible for Humans to become allergic to all sorts of things. Allergies to frozen Bloodworms are not common, ...
    http://www.highproteindietplan.info/...s-as-fish-food - Cached

Allergic to frozen Bloodworms?
    8 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Apr 18, 2010
    So, I wasn't even sure where to post this, but it seems whenever I handle frozen bloodworms my fingers and anywhere they touch itches like ...
    www.plantedtank.net › ... › General Planted Tank Discussion - Cached
    Blood worms
    8 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Jan 20
    I cant even take the freeze dried bloodworms out of the can now without having some kind of allergy attack. Luckily it is nothing too major ...
    http://www.guppies.com/forums/showth...87-Blood-worms - Cached
    Bad Allergies to Bloodworms
    this morning I fed my fish bloodworms, but I didn't even touch the worms themselves I just pressed the foil on the back of the package.
    http://www.aquariacentral.com/.../sh......Bloodworms/... - Cached
    Bloodworms As Fish Food
    Apr 8, 2010 ... It is possible for Humans to become allergic to all sorts of things. Allergies to frozen Bloodworms are not common, but can certainly happen ...
    ezinearticles.com › Pets › Fish - Cached
    are bloodworms safe for cats? - thecatsite.com Forums
    6 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Aug 24, 2009
    are bloodworms safe for cats? Cat Nutrition. ... My only other concern would be allergies. I know that humans can be severly allergic to ...
    www.thecatsite.com › ... › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition - Cached
    POTENTIAL ALLERGEN- Bloodworms | Facebook
    1 post - 1 author
    The allergy to Bloodworms is technically a Chironomid allergy, normally rare, but seen amongst fish-keepers and ID'ed as such by scientists. ...
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...216&topic=5347 - Cached
    What do you to deal with your allergies for blood worms when ...
    Aug 6, 2010 ... I'm not allergic, but if I was I would probably simply not feed bloodworms. There are other fresh foods you can feed instead. ...
    http://www.foodallergiessymptoms.net...-your-fish.php - Cached
    What Are Those Tiny Red Worms In The Pond?
    Feb 24, 2011 ... Although bloodworm allergies are rare, some people are allergic to bloodworms, whether they are fresh, frozen or freeze-dried. ...
    http://www.suite101.com/.../what-are...e-pond-a352692 - Cached
    blood worms for sale
    Hiatis Hernia, Pleurisy, Intestinal Worms, EBOOK. (53) Headaches & Migraine (23) Alcoholism (54) Heart Disease (24) Allergies (55) High Blood Cholesterol ...
    www.ioffer.com › Buy - Cached

Fish Food Allergies - The Angelfish Forum II - Focused on ...
    6 posts - 5 authors - Last post: May 20, 2005
    He knew about bloodworms and allergic reactions. ... May people have experienced blood worm allergies - sneezing, watery eyes, ...
    angelfish.net/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=6760 - Cached

Bloodworm Allergies | ehow.co.uk
    ehow.co.uk
    Bloodworm Allergies. Bloodworms are the larvae of insects called chironimidae, or midge flies. They develop in freshwater environments such as rivers and ...
    www.ehow.co.uk › Healthy Living - Cached
    Are You Allergic to Freeze-Dried Bloodworms? [Archive] - Betta ...
    19 posts - 10 authors - Last post: May 11, 2004
    [Archive] Are You Allergic to Freeze-Dried Bloodworms? Betta Food.
    http://www.bettaclub.org/forum/archi...hp/t-1459.html - Cached
    Bloodworms?
    I have read (certainly) of people experiencing allergies that affect their skin. ... What has happened to me, is that I bought some bloodworms, ...
    http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/f...c=21569.0;wap2
    Alergic reaction to frozen blood worms? [Archive] - Aquarium Forum
    12 posts - 8 authors - Last post: May 25, 2009
    Very possible, I nearly died from a severe allergic reaction to bloodworms. I would personally see a doctor, get a couple of shots and youll ...
    www.aquaticcommunity.com › ... › General Aquarium Forum - Cached
    Bloodworms in My Pond Plants | dailypuppy.com
    They develop in freshwater environments such as rivers and lakes and are often used as fish food. Bloodworms can cause allergic reactions in fish food ...
    http://www.dailypuppy.com/.../bloodw...b-21a150141a0f - Cached
    can frozen bloodworms cause parasites? - monsterfishkeepers.com
    6 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Feb 6
    Almost every coworker who had been there for a while at my old job at a wholesaler was allergic to bloodworms. They insisted it was from ...
    http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...d.php?t=391897 - Cached
    Bloodworms As Fish Food | Food worlds
    1 post - Last post: Aug 18, 2010
    Allergies It is doable for Humans to embellish hypersensitised to all sorts of things. Allergies to frozen Bloodworms are not common, ...
    foodworlds.com/bloodworms-as-fish-food.html - Cached
    Human Parasites: we dispel the myths and present the essential facts.
    This worm attaches itself to the human intestines where it drinks blood (this worm actually has .... “Colonies Within: allergies from intestinal parasites. ...
    www.allergyescape.com/human-parasites.html - Cached - Similar
    TFH Magazine Forum • View topic - Ever feed bloodworms and develop ...
    7 posts - 6 authors - Last post: May 27, 2006
    Allergy to chironomid larvae (red migde larvae aka bloodworms) in handlers ... People allergic to bloodworms my have a heightend reaction to ...
    forums.tfhmagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15907 - Cached

Preview image

Search Results

Frontosa.com • View topic - Frozen bloodworms good for fronts?
    2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Dec 27, 2009
    Alot of people are allergic to bloodworms, handle with care if it's your first time. I am agree with Kamerrosa, if the BW (Blood Worms) are ...
    frontosa.com/viewtopic.php?p=21926 - Cached

Blood worms dangerous to people? - Page 2
    Sep 4, 2008 ... I know my allergy developped over time... I started out being fine touching and handling any kinds of bloodworms, then started sneezing, ...
    www.fishlore.com › ... › Freshwater Tank Equipment › Fish Food - Cached
    Bloodworms?
    I keep reading that bloodworms sink and stuff yet my freeze dried bloodworms won't ... "Midge larvae have been known to cause mild allergies in some people. ...
    www.tropicalfishkeeping.com › ... › Freshwater and Tropical Fish
    Amazon.com: Tetra Blood Worms Freeze Dried Reptile Treat, .28oz ...
    This review is from: Tetra Blood Worms Freeze Dried Reptile Treat, .28oz (Misc.) WARNING!! IF YOU SUFFER FROM ALLERGIES AND HAVE BEEN USING THIS PRODUCT ...
    www.amazon.com › Home, Garden & Pets › Pet Supplies - Cached
    Bloodworms As Fish Food
    Jun 19, 2010 ... Allergies It is possible for Humans to become allergic to all sorts of things. Allergies to frozen Bloodworms are not common, ...
    www.articlesbase.com › Food and Beverage - Cached
    2 year old and frozen blood worms - Aquarium Forum
    Mar 26, 2010 ... Actually, he would have shown symptoms by now, alot of people have a blind allergy to bloodworms and can cause severe internal issues and ...
    http://www.aquariumforum.com/.../2-y...orms-5883.html - Cached
    Frozen food allergies? - africancichlidforum
    7 posts - 4 authors - Last post: May 30, 2007
    If you're like me and are allergic to handling bloodworms, here's a tip. Try using those plastic food service gloves. ...
    africancichlidforum.com › ... › Tanks & Equipment - Cached
    bloodworms in the pond filter?? - Site for Goldfish Keepers
    10 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Jul 28, 2009
    bloodworms in the pond filter?? Goldfish in the Pond. ... that has developed allergy to their bites and that is a real challenge to manage. ...
    goldfishkeepers.com › ... › Basic Information › Goldfish in the Pond - Cached
    Bloodworms make me itch!!! - Cichlid Forums
    11 posts - 7 authors - Last post: Feb 25, 2007
    Over the last few months I've become extremely allergic to bloodworms. I've been using them almost 10 years with no problems until now. ...
    www.cichlidforums.com/showthread.php?t=23953 - Cached
    How+to+grow+bloodworms | High Protein Diet Plan
    Allergies It is possible for Humans to become allergic to all sorts of things. Allergies to frozen Bloodworms are not common, but can certainly happen. ...
    http://www.highproteindietplan.info/...row+bloodworms - Cached
    imagine that....and thats only the first couple of pages....

-al

ps..
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...light=allergic
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 03-25-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Well said. Joey has no clue what he speaks of.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjoe View Post
    Wow...I don't know what to say. People are allergic to peanut and the don't put up walls but they do have "peanut free" classroom. Just because you are not allergic to it doesn't make others liar. Posting their negative experiences is to inform others, not some secret agendas.

I didn't know what the heck was going on with me until I started searching a few years back. This is one of the post that helped me figured out what was going on.

http://www.fishforums.com/forum/fyi-...loodworms.html

Van

Ok, c'mon guys....there is no doubt that anything can cause allergies, & some of these reactions from FBWs from ANY source can be severe....& if one develops allergies from FBWs, then of course, STOP USING THEM!! As Al has shown, 'bout 30% + ppl do this, so there are lots of other options.....as for myself, I can touch the flats & break'm up & feed & so far all ok, use as treats at nite....been lucky, no reaction yet, & when I go on trips, my friends can use the cubes & not touch'm....no pblms so far...but sure would stop if there is one.....just use common sense & all will be well!! JMO

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast