AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: A very special thank you for Martha

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default A very special thank you for Martha

Now that I have my own little corner of the discus world it seems only appropriate to give a very special thank you to the person who first helped me so much, Martha (aka MMORRIS and Auntie Martha). I kept discus for a short time pre-internet and entered back into them a couple years ago with that same antiquated knowledge. Martha spent a great deal of time PMing with me bringing me into the current century and my discus and I are certainly a lot happier for it.

When that special Saturday evening came along and I watched my first discus spawning occur Martha again guided me through what to expect, and fortunately her patience was better than mine was because it did take them many times to finally get it right. When they did get it right, she pointed me to a great place to buy bbs and her method for hatching them. Many batches of bbs later I still love her simple kitchen sink method. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ink#post566827

We don't seem to chat much anymore (probably a good thing from Martha's perspective ), but I just wanted to finally give her her due here for all the help she gave me along the way those early days back into the hobby.

Thank you Martha, for everything.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 03-29-2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Finally saw a typo
    President - North American Discus Association

Default Re: A very special thank you for Martha

That's real nice Keith...she is a great lady to have here in the forums!
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Very nice acknowledgement There Keith!

Its always good to acknowledge those that help you along the way, and to help others in return.

take care,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I would like to add my huge thanks to Martha for her tenacity and exceedingly helpful knowledge and patience in getting me successfully through writing my little Discus Guide for Beginners - which she did most wonderfully with many dashes of humour when that seemed appropriate, as well as some strong unpulled punches of reality for me when that was needed.
    And a public thanks to Keith for suggesting Martha as a potential editor for my Guide in the first place.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    That's real nice Keith...she is a great lady to have here in the forums!
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Very nice acknowledgement There Keith!

Its always good to acknowledge those that help you along the way, and to help others in return.

take care,
    al
    Thank you, indeed again, and I do when I can. I've developed some very nice PM relationships with folks here, and sometimes it's easier for me to pass on advice there. I answer any question I can.

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    I would like to add my huge thanks to Martha for her tenacity and exceedingly helpful knowledge and patience in getting me successfully through writing my little Discus Guide for Beginners - which she did most wonderfully with many dashes of humour when that seemed appropriate, as well as some strong unpulled punches of reality for me when that was needed.
    And a public thanks to Keith for suggesting Martha as a potential editor for my Guide in the first place.
    You know, there's a strange correlation between when I suggested her and when we didn't talk much anymore. LOL Well there is really, but it had nothing to do with that. Buying a house and getting hobbled up will do that to a person. And congrats on the house again too Martha!

Very well said Keith, and lots to conjure up between the lines. LOL
    You've been a tremendous help to me and, needless to say, I'm a great fan of yours.

Oh, and come to think of it, now that Martha's feet are presumably healed, and she's well settled into her new home, we still haven't heard much out of her lately. Maybe she got a little tired of what I must have put her through, and decided to lay low & rest for a bit. LOL
    Naw - c'mon Martha, where are you ?

Real Name
    CozyKeith

About the last time I sent her a PM and said hey she said she was really busy, but didn't elaborate. I think she also tends to just read in certain sections of the forum, so I guess we'll see if she ever visits down here.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 04-01-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Can't type

Here I am! Thanks so much, Keith and Paul, for the accolades. It was a pleasure to help both of you!