ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Body Red Turk

Default Re: Hi Body Red Turk

hi Saputra,
    thank u very much for taking care of those fishes...they r now should be much bigger since the pics r taken on march....
    these hb red turq have been cross to a giant gene turq....with the giant genetic, u will see the fishes r building up their form, body shape each day while they r growing up...ofcos, most importantly is how well u take care of them...thx a lot for showing them...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is impressive! I would like to have something like that, the one that is very blue (HBRT) is very attractive!
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

[QUOTE=Eddie;747253]And more really nice fish! Excellent work!

Thanks Eddie. I also wish to have a tank full with these kind of fish

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Yes, very, very nice!...Must be honest, the "before" pics I did not care for, but they developed superbly. Great job...Bill
    Thanks Bill for your nice comment. The before picture is really matter to me, since at that time I saw a better looking HB Turk juvie (in terms of shape and colors), but somehow I didn't get it. Keep wondering, how that speciment would looks like if it's in my tank now.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
    You done good! They all look great! Do you mind sharing with us how you kept and fed them?
    Hi,

Nothing special to be honest. I just do like what other people in the forum have done. Keep the water clean with frequent WC and feed them as much as I could in the morning and evening. I feed them with BH, bloodworms, artemia, and some granulat. Also, I frequently deworm all my fish. That's all.

well done sapatura , yr fish look amazing!
    Natalia

We're here for a good time...not a long time..

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    well, since it's later in Europe, and since there's bloodworms in almost every photo, that they make up a goodly portion of their diet. I didn't raise 'em tho', so perhaps he'll chime in for ya!....Gary
    Saputra-Nice fish, mate!
    Thanks Gary for your comment. I always feed them with BH before I did WC. That's why you only see the bloodworms. hehe..
    Actually I only feed them with bloodworms as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by vss View Post
    truly outstanding turqs and raising skill cannot wait to see them again in a few month when they are fully grown. mind sharing some tips how you grow them??

Xiaofei
    Hi Xiaofei,

Thanks for your really nice comment. I think I'm the one who should learn from you on how to keep and grow discus. I always amazed with all your fish that you have shown in the forum.
    Actually I don't have something special to share with you. Since I understand you could manage to do 50% WC twice dailly. I only can manage to do it once a day. I feed them 2x in the morning (before I prepared my breakfast and right before I went to the campus). And another 2x to 3x in the evening (when I arrived home and before went to the bad). Sounds very ordinary common routine in keeping discus. Nothing special really.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest View Post
    hi Saputra,
    thank u very much for taking care of those fishes...they r now should be much bigger since the pics r taken on march....
    these hb red turq have been cross to a giant gene turq....with the giant genetic, u will see the fishes r building up their form, body shape each day while they r growing up...ofcos, most importantly is how well u take care of them...thx a lot for showing them...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    Hi Forrest,

Indeed, they are about 6 inch now. I hope I can grow them up to 8 inch. I keep them almost 6 month now. So in average it grew about half an inch every month (I got it 3 inch). Thanks for your information about the giant gene that they carried. I also have a HB red Turk with tiger gene from your recent shipment to holland in january. Do they carried a giant gene as well?

Can't wait your next shipment in the future to holland. I really hope you can ship some Altum Flora, Super Flamingo, and Super Eruption. Really like them!

Quote Originally Posted by saputra View Post
    Hi Xiaofei,

Thanks for your really nice comment. I think I'm the one who should learn from you on how to keep and grow discus. I always amazed with all your fish that you have shown in the forum.
    Actually I don't have something special to share with you. Since I understand you could manage to do 50% WC twice dailly. I only can manage to do it once a day. I feed them 2x in the morning (before I prepared my breakfast and right before I went to the campus). And another 2x to 3x in the evening (when I arrived home and before went to the bad). Sounds very ordinary common routine in keeping discus. Nothing special really.

Hi Saputra,

Thanks for sharing your experience. you're doing a far better job than mine. I have a HB red turk with tiger gene (going to receive another this week possibly), which I guess should be a pretty close linage to yours, very fast growing strain as well. Hope their body shape can develop as nicely as yours after a couple of months

Xiaofei

Registered Member moon_knight1971's Avatar

Picked up 2 more 3.5" Hi Body Red Turks from Kenny yesterday. The shape and colors are AMAZING! Hope I have the success you are having with yours!

Quote Originally Posted by saputra View Post
    Hi Forrest,

Indeed, they are about 6 inch now. I hope I can grow them up to 8 inch. I keep them almost 6 month now. So in average it grew about half an inch every month (I got it 3 inch). Thanks for your information about the giant gene that they carried. I also have a HB red Turk with tiger gene from your recent shipment to holland in january. Do they carried a giant gene as well?

Can't wait your next shipment in the future to holland. I really hope you can ship some Altum Flora, Super Flamingo, and Super Eruption. Really like them!
    hi Saputra,
    u have a nice name....is it means "raja....prince".....
    with your "special care" it will be no doubts your fishes will grow up to 7.5" or bigger, not everyone can do that even from the same strain, it is always depends on how well u r taking care of the fishes, ofcos male n female maybe different on their sizes too....
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Simply ....outstanding . All the HB turks are my passion (also the Altum Floras) .
    Pump them up Saputra !!!

Quote Originally Posted by forrest View Post
    hi Saputra,
    u have a nice name....is it means "raja....prince".....
    with your "special care" it will be no doubts your fishes will grow up to 7.5" or bigger, not everyone can do that even from the same strain, it is always depends on how well u r taking care of the fishes, ofcos male n female maybe different on their sizes too....
    Hi Forrest,

haha..I don't even know the meaning of my name untill I someone told me last year. He said the meaning of Saputra is: A Good Son. Putra means Son.
    I will try my best to keep those HB Red Turk, I really want them grow as big as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by mios View Post
    Simply ....outstanding . All the HB turks are my passion (also the Altum Floras) .
    Pump them up Saputra !!!
    Hi Mios,

Thanks, and I will..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast