ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Status of NADA 2012 Atlanta Discus Convention

Unhappy Status of NADA 2012 Atlanta Discus Convention

As some of you may well know there is some internal conflict with the officers of NADA at this time.
    With deep regret we must temporarily, indefinitely put the plans for the Atlanta 2012 show on hold. With the current status of the board at NADA we just don't see how we could proceed at this time. The Southeast Discus Enthusiasts, Larry & myself hold no regrets or ill-will towards anyone involved with NADA or the board members. If things get worked out in an amiable and timely matter, SEDE, Larry & myself are willing to proceed with show plans.
    Please understand the internal conflicts have nothing to do with the SEDE club or anyone involved with the club. This is an internal NADA issue. Larry is still involved with NADA as a board member & will keep us up to date on the progress.
    Thanks,
    Chad & Larry
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Default Re: Status of NADA 2012 Atlanta Discus Convention

This is crazy..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

What in the world is goin' on??? This is too sad, whyever can't we all get along & get this done? I hope there is a resolution to whatever "conflict" you guys/gals have.....wish I was younger & could get into the fray & help resolve....remember it's just a "FISH"!! The show must go on!!

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

" the spice must flow"- Dune
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

This is difficult for me because I am wearing two hats here. One as the co-chair (with Chad) of SEDE and the 2012 Convention, the other as a officer and BOD member of NADA. Chad and I still want the 2012 Convention and show to take place and be a huge success and are still more than willing to do the necessary work to make that happen. Unfortunately this is contigent on the NADA BOD issues getting straighted out in a timely manner to allow that to happen. NADA is not a rich organization. It runs on member dues and donations. The cost of running a convention and show is huge and the only way to make it happen is through fund raisers. If we can get everything resolved quick enough to recover financially and with leadership that is willing to do the necessary NADA work then ON WITH THE SHOW.

The one request I have of the Simply membership is if you don't have direct knowledge of what is happening please refrain from posting rumors or accusiations that are not based entirely on facts. Those kind of postings will do noting but hamper our ability to get this issue resolved.

Larry
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member

I'm a NADA member, and I don't have a clue as to what's going on, or if even if it's any of my business. But I think if an issue is going to be hinted at and/or discussed openly on a public forum the facts should be laid out, so there is NO accusations or rumors...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    I'm a NADA member, and I don't have a clue as to what's going on, or if even if it's any of my business. But I think if an issue is going to be hinted at and/or discussed openly on a public forum the facts should be laid out, so there is NO accusations or rumors...Bill
    Bill,
    Thank you for your concern. The issues as it pertains to us is nothing we have done or can do anything about. This is an internal BOD discussion with those members.
    The issues that pertain to us is currently John Nicholson & Jim Hall have both resigned from their positions with NADA. As Larry has said we need to refrain from making any accusations or rumors as this is a discussion between those members individually, that's all. No need to air out their dirty laundry here, it's none of our business.
    Chad
    Last edited by Chad Adams; 04-20-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!

Wow, as a founding member of NADA, this situation makes me so very sad!! I've absolutely no info 'bout whatever is goin' on, been out of the loop since my health has failed, but I can think of no reason for the infighting of a BOD on a fish forum for crying out loud!! & now everyone is deserting the sinking ship....this is a crying shame for us all....please, please whoever has caused this, try to resolve it.....

John, I am so sorry you have to leave....I agree with Warlock..."this is crazy!!"

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

It's a damns shame. As we saw in Dallas, the NADA show has the support of the Discus community. If this next one doesn't come to be I and I'm sure many others will be disgusted with the BODs and terribly disappointed.
    Mama Bear

I am sure it will still happen... Its jus a road.bump
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Real Name
    Chris

This is a shame. Unfortunately because of the way that this has been handled on a public forum rather than privately between the individuals involved I think that it will discourage many people from supporting the show....if it happens.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Registered Member

Could anyone explain what went wrong? Was it a money issue?

Nothing has been said.. I dont see a problem...all we know is some people resigned.. So others need to take place.. things seem pretty private to me

I am not on board...so as a nada member, I am on a Need to Know basis... At this time, I dont need to know... So imho... This thread should be closed .. Until dust settles
    Last edited by Skip; 04-21-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Banned

Sabres1 -

Sort of a knee jerk reaction, don't you think? 2 officers resigned their positions but remained members, and one BOD left NADA. Not exactly a world crisis.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
    Sabres1 -

Sort of a knee jerk reaction, don't you think? 2 officers resigned their positions but remained members, and one BOD left NADA. Not exactly a world crisis.

Mat
    Sent you a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast