ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Status of NADA 2012 Atlanta Discus Convention

Default Re: Status of NADA 2012 Atlanta Discus Convention

I have no stake in this. I am not a NADA member, I just like the discus that I have. That being said: putting together a convention or any large gathering for a formalized club usually requires members of a board to be able to sign off on venues, sometimes even putting out a check to hold a location. If the board is in flux, the Club may not have anyone at present to sign off on matters.

Now, I don't know if its the case. But putting the matter on hold for the time being is a legit response, assuming the bylaws for NADA require a certain percentage of the Board to agree with funds are dispersed.

It becomes to a degree, an exercise in futility to continue projects in the name of the Club, if the Board is in flux, and therefore unable to sign off on anything.

At least - thats how its worked in other Clubs I have been a member of. Again - not a member of NADA, don't know the bylaws, just food for thought really and a different perspective on a possible 'why'.

I'm a nobody in this forum, in NADA, and I don't even belong to my local OH fish club :P but ...

It seems to me, if there was a cancellation, it probably would have been best to say something to the effect, "logistic problems" or "coordinating financial responsibilties" or whatever.

This thread, to an outsider (ME!) just makes the BOD sound petty, politcal, and childish --- which was my first thought when I read the initial post with no subsequent replies.

It further fuels the fire as now there is going to be word-of-mouth bickering and people taking sides (with PMs to people that "matter" but not for people who don't).

All in all, if you don't want it mentioned publicly, don't bother mentioning it at all (as someone already stated).

Again, I'm nobody, but most of the people who read this thread are "nobodies" and we're all wondering, "WTH is wrong with these people? If the conference does go on, should I bother booking a flight in the event it might get cancelled?"
    Eric

I'm closing this thread until we (the NADA Board of Directors) have an apportunity to handle this. I'm certain an update will be posted in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This thread is closed. NADA and SEDE are both on track to bring the 2012 NADA Convention and Show to Atlganta June 22-24, 2012.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12