ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: David Eaton

MrsMoose

Default David Eaton

Does any one know how he and his family are ??????? He is right at or in the middle of all the destruction in Tuscaloosa....

Default Re: David Eaton

He and his family are fine. No power so he is worried about the fish.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

MrsMoose

I am so thankful , I was so worried...... We are heading home in a bit from Ga. I am without power over there but thankfully I brought my Discus here last week since we are planning a move back to Ga. soon I am worried about the other fish and my koi pond thats there still. We have some damage from what I was told but we are lucky compared to others ...Thanks for letting me know tell him if there is anything I can do let me know I will message you my new cell number.

Registered Member

A significant part of the town is just devastated. We were fortunate to not get any damage but lost power for 36 hours (just came back on around 5 am). I'm afraid it will be a long time before the town is back to normal.

I have always kept a generator on hand for such disasters and when it didn't look like the power was going to be restored, I decided to power it up. I was able to get the blower running and I was also able to get the heaters running on the Breeder central system. So far it looks like everything has survived and appear unaffected!

Molly I hope all is well when you return home! Also, thanks to everyone who checked on my family and I through this catastrophe. David

Thanks for the update David. I know a lot of us were very worried about you and your family when we heard about the devastation. We will keep your family and town in our prayers.

Larry
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member

Thanks again Larry and everyone for all the thoughts and prayers. We all need God's hand to recover. Times like this makes us realize how much we are blessed and how much we take for granted.

MrsMoose

We just got back from our home in Al. considering there is lots of damage in our town and county, not to mention every county and town around us we were lucky and I would call our damage minor compared to others....So many with out homes, food, power , fuel.....all of north Alabama is devastated, complete towns just gone, several towns...............coming in from my moms in Ga you could start feeling the effects well before you got to Birmingham. The town my brother and a friend of ours lives in there in Walker county not far from me is just other than a couple of homes is just gone. My brothers place is okay not sure about our friends home but the local police did tell us he was okay so we have to hold onto that. Just what we saw and we never went through the hardest hit areas really will give you a reality check. I took so many pictures and they do not even show the complete devastation we saw ...............