ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: As Requested - Midnights Story

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: As Requested - Midnights Story

Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    Females are a lot bigger and we can take either. It all depends on the game you want to hunt. I'm getting a big female to hunt mainly rabbits, pheasant and ducks.
    I climbed a tree a couple years ago for a coopers hawk. Here's a pic of the nest.

Steve
    Steve, Fantastic looking chicks and if I remember right coopers hawks are a good sized bird. I would love to see pictures of your hawks.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Steve, Fantastic looking chicks and if I remember right coopers hawks are a good sized bird. I would love to see pictures of your hawks.
    Coops aren't real big, maybe half the size of a redtail. Here's a photo journal of that coopers. Ya have to flip the pages to get to the baby pics. her name was Cassie and ended up deciding she didn't want to be a falconry bird anymore and released herself. ie she got away. Took $200 worth of electronics with her too

Thanks for letting me share on your thread! I absolutely love birds.

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/r...lihawker/Coops

I just looked through the pics and there's one of me holding her surfing Simply Discus!!

Steve

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: As Requested - Midnights Story

Wow Steve, thanks for sharing. Beautiful pictures. I was thinking red tail hawk on the size. Is the grey eye color the adult color?

I had a pair of coppers nest on the property behind the barn for a couple summers in a row. They have a fairly distinctive call so could always tell when they were back in town. They usually raised about four chicks and would have hawks flying across the pasture and around the house all summer. I would some times have up to four or five hawks sitting on the fence at the same time. I loved having these guys around. Felt really bad when I found one of the chicks drown in the horse's watering toughs. I love birds too. Have raised cockitials and currently have a smaller African grey named Marco.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567