AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: sera aquarium heater

Real Name
    Francis

Default sera aquarium heater

Just set up a new tank last week using the Sera heater 300 watts.....has an indicator light and also comes with a heater guard.......much shorter than the Ebo Jager heaters.
    Works great and pretty accurate if you are getting a new heater for US $20.

http://www.igopro-online.com/category-s/57.htm
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Default Re: sera aquarium heater

Give it time Francis, check for condensation in a few months. The only one I had leaked internally so that threw me off buying more. I'll stick with Eheims.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

I tried 2 and they were both inaccurate

I have one (or more)in every tank I own, never had a problem.

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Registered Member

I have 1 Sera in a 29 set up for future breeding. Bought it as a test. Turned all the way up, it only holds 84F. The calibration is off, and I can't figure out any way to change it. I think it'd be OK for other uses. It's just one, anyway, and not necessarily representative. It's nice to see that others are getting better results.

I'm sticking with Jagers for awhile...
    John

Good to hear feedback.. I haven't tried them personally, but have been selling them and keep a few in stock. That said... no complaints from customers so far and they have a five year warranty.

The only complaint I have is sometimes it's difficult to get the 300W from Sera... I waited for a couple of months to get some for stock. From what I understand, they come from Germany like the Eheim and suppliers have to put in large orders of Eheim or Sera products to justify the shipping to the US. Hence the wait sometimes.
    Last edited by David Rose; 05-13-2011 at 07:50 PM.

I've got a 300 watt I bought from Dave in a 75 gal.Got it at 86 and the tank is holding at 83.

Give Sera customer service a call to see if there is a way to calibrate your heater or request a replacement. If you would, let me know what you find out. I definitely don't want to carry products that to do not meet our needs for quality and customer service support.

Sera North America, Inc.
    Customer Service
    158, Keystone Drive
    Montgomeryville, PA 18936
    Phone: 800 659 1970
    Fax: 800 659 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    I've got a 300 watt I bought from Dave in a 75 gal.Got it at 86 and the tank is holding at 83.
    Currently have three in use. All of them are set between 86 and 89 and they all hold the temp at 84. Though the calibration appears a little off, they have been holding steady temp for months. I've had so much trouble with heaters in the past, I've learned to set the temp with a thermometer and pay little attention to the heater setting. If it holds the temperature I want, then I'm o.k. with it. No complaints on these.

John

I received word that Sera is rolling out new pricing starting March 1, 2012. Contact me as soon as possible to buy at the old pricing. Also, GOOD NEWS, Sera is willing to bring in their discus food in 10 gallon buckets for better pricing. I should have pricing and info shortly to post on my website. PM me with any questions.
    Last edited by David Rose; 02-21-2012 at 10:31 AM.