ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Updated Pics

Registered Member

Post Updated Pics

These are my first Discus, got them from Hans about 2 months ago. They seem very active, inquisitive and ALWAYS hungry!!

Would love to hear comments, I am a newbie for Discus, so please try to be kind...

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Updated Pics

Well first of all, I will comment that you did get healthy fish if they came from Hans.
    They appear to be at the 3" to 3.5" mark showing that the PB is not fully colored up. Being a newbie with Discus can sometimes get discouraging because of the steady water changes and multiple feedings. All that hard work pays off 100 times over in the end.
    I do see some peppering in the PB but that possibly developed because of all the decor in tank. All look wonderful and are still young. keep up on the maintenance and you will have good results.
    It would have been much easier for a newbie if fish were in a bare bottom tank.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Default Re: Updated Pics

I agree with Ralph. You will have much more success and less peppering if you put them in a bare bottom tank. They look good and healthy, however. They will color up nicely as they age. I have some Marlboro Reds that are almost a year old and they are just now starting to get a nice red color to them. Keep up the water changes and good feedings.