ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our Newest Landholder here at Simply! Tom aka discolicious...

Default Re: Welcome to our Newest Landholder here at Simply! Tom aka discolicious...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnathan View Post
    Welcome Tom...
    Thanks John.. I'll be checking out your "planet" soon.

Tom

Default Re: Welcome to our Newest Landholder here at Simply! Tom aka discolicious...

Quote Originally Posted by geodehunter View Post
    Tom, Welcome to your own part of the discus world.
    Thanks Robbie... I look forward to experiencing the "Discus Immersion" neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by discolicious View Post
    Do that! Where do you get your food, "Acuatic Critters" ??
    I go to Petsmart in Rivergate and buy Hikari bloodworms and brine shrimp. Then we are going to head over to aquatics critters just to window shop. Not buying anything just like to look around.
    My wife names my fish

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by discolicious View Post
    Lol.. so it's YOUR crows that keep waking me up in the morning! They've been getting into my horse feed too, so I'm going to get out my BB gun! Look forward to some chats. Get in your canoe and cross the lake and I'll have coffee ready for you.

Tom
    Tom, always ready for coffee. Cover these horse feed barrels with lips to keep the crows out. That works for me. How many and what type of horses do you have. I have two grey arabs, father and son.

No need to shoot the crows. Get to know them and they will be the hit of your next party.

Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Welcome Tom
    Evelyn
    Don't let the things you can't do stop you from doing the things you can!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
    Jennie,

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Sorry, I've been busy down in the fishcave (That's half fishroom half mancave because my wife wouldn't let me have either of those. J.K.) doing WCs and I didn't see the moving truck. Welcome to the neighborhood and I'll be looking forward to seeing you around.
    President - North American Discus Association

Welcome to Tha Hood!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Tom, always ready for coffee. Cover these horse feed barrels with lips to keep the crows out. That works for me. How many and what type of horses do you have. I have two grey arabs, father and son.

No need to shoot the crows. Get to know them and they will be the hit of your next party.

Pat
    Love Arabians Pat! I have two horses also.. well, maybe 1 and a 1/3. Doc is a fairly large paint, and then his "mini me" is Pippin, a miniature paint (34 in.). Doc is a lot easier to get along with than Pippin.. I think he has a inferiority complex.

Real Name
    Pat

Tom, is Pippin a stub? I was riding my gelding who while well trained, still needs miles, and a miniature stud charged the fence and Khayel thought that little horse was going to have him for lunch. Doc sounds easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Tom, is Pippin a stub? I was riding my gelding who while well trained, still needs miles, and a miniature stud charged the fence and Khayel thought that little horse was going to have him for lunch. Doc sounds easy going.
    Pippin is still a stud. I'll probably have him gelded here soon. He loves playing "big man" with the dogs. They're about the same size as he is. Doc doesn't care for him but just tries to ignore him. Doc is gelded.

Doc
    Doc 1.jpg

Pippin
    Pippin.jpg

Real Name
    Pat

Doc is beautiful and Pippin is well cute. Hard to take him seriously as a stud. You ride much?

Here are my two boys, Khayel is in the front and Jake, Khayel's dad is in the back. Jake is 25 this year. They are both geldings.

Yes, I agree, it's a little hard to take Pippin "seriously". The dogs however have to put up with his constant aggravation. He tries to take their toys away from them, enjoys pulling their hair (They're labradoodles with thick coats, so he doesn't get skin.) I ride most weekends. Doc was used in a breeding program and wasn't gelded until he was 10, so he can be a challenge. Even so, he's a really good horse, and loves to interact with people.

Nice horses there... Like father like son..heh? What part of Central FL do you live in? I was born in AL, but live in Miami area for 6 years.

Real Name
    Pat

Thanks Tom, I currently live in Orlando but I grew up in Melbourne and was born in Gainesville. Only time I didn't live in Fla was the 8 years I lived in Co. My daughter was born in Denver.

Jake, the old man was a breeding stallon until he was 18 and he can be a holy terror with other male horses (gelded or not). He is lucky that he made peace with Khayel as he was almost booted from my place due to ongoing aggression. I have to be careful when riding with mares as Jake will express an interest and I will put him to work to get his attention back on me.

Real Name
    Pat

I looked at getting a labradoodle but found a lab/golden mix I really liked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast