AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok folks what are ya'll thought s o this......

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Ok folks what are ya'll thought s o this......

Sometimes I forget that every place is not like Texas so I need a reminder from time to time. One of the topics that falls into this category is the death penalty. Here is what happened recently if you missed it.....A fellow that was born in Mexico but came to Texas illegally with his family at age 2 committed a crime. What did he do? He raped a 16 year old girl and then beat her to death with a piece of asphalt. Now in the great state of Texas we gave him a trial and then sentenced him to death....so fast forward 17 years. He is about to be put to death and lots of people get upset about it. They are not claiming that he did the crime. Everyone acknowledges that he did. The complaint is that he was not ask if he was a citizen of the US. He could have asked for help from the Mexican government since he was not a US citizen. Now I find it odd that so many liberals are fighting the new laws in Arizona...you know the one...If the police suspect that you are not a US citizen then they would be required to ask you.......In our case in Texas the liberals are upset because we did not ask if he was citizen....LOL. Anyway president obama called the Governor of Texas Rick Perry to ask that the execution be stopped....Well I am proud to say that the execution went off without a hitch.....

The white house is upset that we did not ask about his citizenship and that he was put to death. They don't seem to be the least bit upset that a 16 year old girl was raped and murdered....

Well lets all have a nice round of applause for Jimmy Carter.....he is no longer the worse President in the history of the US.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Default Re: Ok folks what are ya'll thought s o this......

My famous haiku.....

Obama has failed
    The worst President ever
    Jimmy Carter smiles.

This case had nothing to do with politics John. Executing a foreign citizen without counsel from the prisoner's home country violates Federal law. By Texas ignoring Federal law, and doing whatever the hell they want, the concern is American citizens held prisoner in foreign countries won't be granted their basic rights to counsel either because of this.
    Darrell

I am pretty sure the authorities knew he was not a US Citizen. Thus they offered him support and he probably rused thinking he would be deported. I am sure this all happened before the trial a long..long..long time ago. I have no proof of this (My Opinion) but I do live in the GREAT state of TEXAS and am proud to be native Texan.
    Stephen
    NADA AUSTIN 2014 SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Ward View Post
    This case had nothing to do with politics John. Executing a foreign citizen without counsel from the prisoner's home country violates Federal law. By Texas ignoring Federal law, and doing whatever the hell they want, the concern is American citizens held prisoner in foreign countries won't be granted their basic rights to counsel either because of this.
    Well, not exactly...that law you refer to isn't an actual law yet:

"In its majority opinion, the Supreme Court wrote that it was not obligated to act on "hypothetical legislation."

"The Obama administration had sought a temporary stay until January 2012 to allow Congress to weigh legislation that could clarify the rights of foreigners to consular access.

Without new guidance from Congress, the state of Texas is not obliged to honor the treaty after the Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that states don't have to act absent federal law."

Also it might be good to clarify that he had always had the right to counsel, just wasn't informed of it.

Figures. Liberals always trying to protect criminals and terrorists. I'm glad that scumbag was put down.
    - Jose

Thanks Jim. I went to lunch and know this is a little late, but it ain't a law.....And Darrel I for one am sick and tired of the US bowing down to what other countries think. If Mexico feels that it cannot live with this then they can call all of their citizens home and return all of the US aid we send them every year......

-john

SOS Crew Texas

It would not have been a big deal, and would not have been national headlines if the governor of Texas had just made sure everything was to the letter of the law before his sentence was carried out. What's wrong with that? How does this make Obama a bad president? I don't agree with a lot of Obama's views either, but come on! The guy would still have been executed. That's not the governor's style however, he has presidential aspirations, and just had to have the headlines that he defied the "Washington Establishment". All this political crap is nauseating.
    Darrell

Real Name
    Matt

I agree with you John, on all points. Glad it went through. IMO if you go to another country illegally you should not be entitled to rights or federal law offered to those that go legally or are citizens. If you are an illegal then you are already a criminal.
    -Matt

"All this political crap is nauseating" Well at least we can agree on that...

And Matt thanks.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    "All this political crap is nauseating" Well at least we can agree on that...

And Matt thanks.

-john
    LOL!
    Darrell

um.. guess they should DIS bar his first attorney..
    since that MAY HAVE BEEN something HE SHOULD have known to Bring up when he was first appointed or hired..
    or maybe could have been Brought up during the 17 years after..

unless he DID NOT know he was illegal.. hmmmm... ""very interesting point.. skip"" "why thank you skip"..

however, john it did not go off with a hitch.. it went off with a switch... !

ps.. my grand father and grand mother were born in Mexico.. i saw no problem with how this went down nor do i feel any illegal *FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY, NOT JUST MEXICO* here should be given amnesty.. esp those CANADIANS that Take all our Ice Hockey Jobs!!!!!!

my future ex wife is from South America.. and we know there are LAWS that we must follow for her to come here into this country if she is to stay and live here..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

You should live in England Criminals are treated better than the victims Bloody Human Rights act

Isn’t the Texas Governor the one that wants to secede from the union?
    Ken Wiedel

Quote Originally Posted by KEWX View Post
    Isn’t the Texas Governor the one that wants to secede from the union?
    i believe he said something like that.. but its a TEXAS thing we can get a little fired up with our TEXAN PRIDE!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast