AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: white / yellow jelly string coming out from mouth

Registered Member

Default white / yellow jelly string coming out from mouth

hello folks.
    i just got new discus, and after 5 days AB oxytetracycline prophylactic treatment, i notice the fish spit out white/yellow jelly string stuff. The fish eats very little. The string got in and out from the mouth then finally released. And at the same time it poops white jelly faeces but mixed with solid brown faeces. Can anyone please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Suryadi View Post
    hello folks.
    i just got new discus, and after 5 days AB oxytetracycline prophylactic treatment, i notice the fish spit out white/yellow jelly string stuff. The fish eats very little. The string got in and out from the mouth then finally released. And at the same time it poops white jelly faeces but mixed with solid brown faeces. Can anyone please help me?
    If you just got these fish, what prompted you to use a medication on them?

You need to fill out the disease and meds questionaire at the sticky top part of this forum. Copy and paste it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Default Re: white / yellow jelly string coming out from mouth

Quote Originally Posted by seanbuehrle View Post
    If you just got these fish, what prompted you to use a medication on them?
    hmm prophylactic? new fish are sure stressed in certain degrees. So by doing prophylactic treatment pathogens are supressed until the new fish has recover. That is what i am told.
    l
    The fish that I mentioned has recovered and start eating after heat treatment 32-33 C