AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live from the ACA in Washington DC!!

Default Re: Live from the ACA in Washington DC!!

My favorite fish were #8 and # 26 in post 1. Love the pattern & color of those! Also, great meeting Hans finally in person :-). Thanks to Bob for the 3 beautiful albinos - got them home safe and sound and they are swimming in their QT tank.
    Steffi

Good looking guys in that picture! That Rodrigo guy is awesome!
    highlights for me were the roadtrip with Bob and Marc, seing all the old and new friends, and coming home with 5 of the show fish!
    so what were the results? Did any of my fish place?

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Registered Member

second part fish #9 are amazine. He looks much better when you see him in person

Chad, you work very hard for this. I am looking forward for yours next show next year

Truc

Looking forward to NADA 2012! Attending and showing fish! Going for the whole weekend so I can enjoy the company of these awesome people!

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

NADA 2012.. is going to be off the HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Good meeting you Chad and Larry. Also, good seeing you again, John. Now, I am a member of NADA!

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    highlights for me were the roadtrip with Bob and Marc, seing all the old and new friends, and coming home with 5 of the show fish!

Rodrigo
    Very nice to meet the NADA guys today. Nice to see you again Hans. Rod/Bob AWESOME road trip!
    Marc

ACA 2011 thoughts..............
    It is always great to put faces to people you have been online friends with and also to see those you only get to see once a year. There were about 40 discus entered in the show. By far the largest class entered. That was awesome. Chad, Jerry, John, Jim, Rich, Willie and I manned the NADA table over the weekend. We signed up quite a few new NADA members. We talked with a lot of non discus hobbist that are interested in Discus. Number one reason they currently don't keep discus..................they are scared because discus are difficult. We have a lot of myths to debunk. We met a lot of venders who are now interested in coming to Atlanta 2012. There was a lot of interest from people wanting to attend Atlanta 2012. No heaters in the tanks and they weren't allowed, water was cold. WON'T be that way in Atlanta 2012. Ken Davis did a great job representing NADA as the NADA sponsored speaker. Kids tank decorating contest sponsored by Discus Hans was a huge success. Every kid that entered was a winner and is going home with their complete 20 gallon kit, decorations and fish. Hans is the Man!! Our NADA table was in one of the prime locations so everyone was exposed to us. Thank you John Nicholson and Jim Hall for taking on the task of judging the Discus division. I got to tag along with them and they taught me a lot.

WE ARE ABSOLUTELY STOKED!! NADA Atlanta 2012 is going to be awesome. If you haven't already started making your plans you need to.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post

Rodrigo
    I think all the discus you bought placed. Chad got photos and will post tomorrow. Too late tonight and it will be a long drive home tomorrow. Have to get some sleep.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
    ACA 2011 thoughts..............
    Kids tank decorating contest sponsored by Discus Hans was a huge success. Every kid that entered was a winner and is going home with their complete 20 gallon kit, decorations and fish. Hans is the Man!!
    Yup, this was great! My kids went home with a tank. We were busy deciding where to put yet another tank as they both have a tank in their rooms. The tank was placed in mom's study and now, mom is very happy and when mom's happy, I am very happy. Hans was emailing me about the contest since May and I am glad we got to participate. It was difficult walking away from the convention without buying a discus. Really wanted to get one of Hans' show fish. Thanks, Hans again.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Since I missed this one I am really looking forward to Atlanta 2012! Can't wait to meet all you who I have gotten to know a little here at SD. The $$ I make selling cones from now on will go towards my trip to Atlanta next summer. Hope gas doesn't go up. Thanks for all these pics and convention info guys!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

It was a great day and road trip spent with Rod and Marc. We got to see our buddy Hans and a few other Simply members for the first time.
    Just as others have said it was great to put faces to names and speaking with all the guys representing NADA. Im looking forward to seeing you all again at NADA 2012 in Atlanta. I believe its an event you will not want to miss.

Bob

Registered Member

Bob,

does not have the change to meet you this time, next time in Atlanta right

Larry,

nice to meet you. You have a great friend with you in Atlanta. I hope to have more change to talk with you about discus next year

Chad,

drive careful, It is a long way home

Truc

I'm dieing to see pics of the show winners. I saw a coulple of fish that I would have snapped up had I been able to be there.

NADA 2012...I YEARN for NADA 1012. If I'm not there it'll be because I'm dead.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    NADA 2012...I YEARN for NADA 1012. If I'm not there it'll be because I'm dead.
    can i have your fish.. if i don't see you at NADA! i promise to give them good home
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast