ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live from the ACA in Washington DC!!

Default Re: Live from the ACA in Washington DC!!

Yes. If I'm dead I won't care. They'll need a good home. Of course I won't be able to ship. It will be understandable given the circumstances.

I will be there otherwise, picking out more for my breeding program, and enjoying the company of my excellent comarads in Discus.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Yes. If I'm dead I won't care. They'll need a good home. Of course I won't be able to ship. It will be understandable given the circumstances.

I will be there otherwise, picking out more for my breeding program, and enjoying the company of my excellent comarads in Discus.
    liz..i can't wait.. mostly for the social aspect!! but also to see some beautiful fish and maybe, JUST MAYBE.. come back with a couple
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Skip, when read your first sentence where you said, "I can't wait" I thought that you were hoping that I would croak so you could get your hands on my fish. No kidding. It was my first thought.

The best thing about a NADA show is that it fills two voids for me. The best fish are there and you can buy them!!!!!! And the best of the best Discus people are there. I can show myself as I am (I ain't quite right) and be liked because I'm a serious Discus person. It's liberating. It's wonderful. I too cannot wait.
    Mama Bear

I am very much looking forward to it! As soon as the hotel block gets anounced I am making my plans! There is nothing like getting drunk at a bar in the hotel lobby at 3:00am with good discus friends, old and new!

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Real Name
    Francis

Great atmosphere there at the ACA and some nice discus too........imo perhaps a short video for each individual discus so can see the actual shape/quality of the discus.....just my 2 cents.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Francis

Hey Rod.....happy hour after midnight so sweet .......and hope to see you and Bob at NADA 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    I am very much looking forward to it! As soon as the hotel block gets anounced I am making my plans! There is nothing like getting drunk at a bar in the hotel lobby at 3:00am with good discus friends, old and new!

Rodrigo
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Hey Rod.....happy hour after midnight so sweet .......and hope to see you and Bob at NADA 2012.
    We have plans made already Francis! We will be there! Open bar after hours with no need to drive anywere is a major plus!

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Skip, when read your first sentence where you said, "I can't wait" I thought that you were hoping that I would croak so you could get your hands on my fish. No kidding. It was my first thought.

The best thing about a NADA show is that it fills two voids for me. The best fish are there and you can buy them!!!!!! And the best of the best Discus people are there. I can show myself as I am (I ain't quite right) and be liked because I'm a serious Discus person. It's liberating. It's wonderful. I too cannot wait.
    i know.. to both your statements
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Well I have to say the ACA was fun, but it will not compare to the NADA 2012 show.....It was great to see old friends and to meet new ones. Enjoyed judging the discus class, but hope I don't have to in Atlanta...LOL. Just once in my life I would like to be able to show a fish...LOL. Right now I am sitting in the airport in San Antonio hoping to get on a plane at some point today. Having free fligths is great but having to be on stand by and getting bumped all of the time gets old...LOL.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Hmm, might just have to see if any of the area Simply friends want to road trip to Atlanta next year. The ACA show last year here in WI as far as discus goes was pretty disappointing. Fortunately it was the first show I'd ever attended, so there was still plenty to take in and some good people to meet. RockRiverfish and Willie just to mention 2.
    President - North American Discus Association

Nothing can compare with a good NADA show if it's done well like it was in Dallas. It looks to be a good one in Atlanta next year. Our NADA guys are working hard to make it wonderful.

John, I hope that you don't have to judge it. It is harder work than people know. It is VERY hard work! Still, I hope that you will walk through the show room with me in a leasurly fashion with score cards in hand and teach me a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    Well I have to say the ACA was fun, but it will not compare to the NADA 2012 show.....It was great to see old friends and to meet new ones. Enjoyed judging the discus class, but hope I don't have to in Atlanta...LOL. Just once in my life I would like to be able to show a fish...LOL. Right now I am sitting in the airport in San Antonio hoping to get on a plane at some point today. Having free fligths is great but having to be on stand by and getting bumped all of the time gets old...LOL.

-john
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Matt

Was hoping someone would post some photos! Reallyyyyy looking forward to NADA 2012, I'm making plans. Crossing my fingers that I'll be free.
    -Matt

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Not a problem Liz.

Still stilling in the airport......Currently number 4 on the standby non revenue list....Will get home tonight but not yet sure when....LOL.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

You were going to drive, John. Apparently you changed your mind. Perhaps that was a bad decision. Sitting in airports sucks.
    Mama Bear

My wife and I were innocently walking down the street in Silver Spring (godawwfuuuull heat) when 3 disreputable, I mean 3 really outstanding citizens, introduced themselves to us. Larry, John and Chad, I think (although at my age, remembering names is about as likely as winning the Lotto!). I was wearing the SimplyDiscus T-shirt, so they sort of figured we were headed to the Crown Plaza. Great meeting you guys, and the rest of the NADA crew at the table on the 4th floor, where EVERYBODY had to pass in order to get to the dinner. Good placement indeed.

The talk by Ken Davis was excellent, in my opinion. He displayed several maps of the Amazon basin, from Bolivia, Peru, Colombia and Ecuador down through Brazil, and spoke about the geographical influences on the fish. He went into genetic markers for the fish, arguing that there really aren't different species of discus, just one discus with different colorations. It's great to listen to well informed discus people, it's too bad that he's moved away from keeping them (his home water source is now too alkaline, and so he's moved into other cichlids).

Good to see Hans there, doing what he does for the kids ( and us old kids, too). Thanks, Hans. Great show, Pat! You guys rock.

I too am looking forward to the Atlanta show next June. We've never been there, so it will be a great excuse to make more friends and learn more about the fish.

-Don

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast