ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Thank you SimplyDiscus....

Registered Member

Default Thank you SimplyDiscus....

I just want to say thank you to everyone on Simply. After making a mistake and buying discus from someone mentioned on other threads, (not a sponsor), that sent me not only the wrong fish, but they were very sick also, I discovered SD. I joined and after spending several hours lurking, I have been able to bring most of them back from certain doom. I was very disappointed with the seller and was ready to just cull them when my wife talked me into trying to save them. With all the information on here, i can say that 7 of the 8 are doing great. I have learned a lot from SD! The top thing I learned is I will buy from an SD sponsor in the future. The fish I got had ich and refused to eat. Salt, high temps and flagyll have done me well. I do have a question......how long should I wait before even considering buying from a sponsor? I just wonder how long before I can consider my aquarium safe for new arrivals. I have a QT and a planted 75 they are in at the moment. I plan on keeping maybe 1 or 2 of these guys and the rest I'm going to send to my lfs. I was thinking 6 months of disease free and maybe I should be ok?!......opinions welcome and thank you......

I wouldn't send them to the lfs, grow them out in another bb tank.

Buy adults or near adults for your planted tank, it's much easier and more rewarding.

To tell you the truth, chances are your going to end up with smallish looking fish trying to grow them out in a planted tank. Most people imagine big beautiful discus swimming around in their tank, just do it the easy fool proof way from the start .

Adult discus can be expensive if money's a problem just save for a few months, you'll be happy you did.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Default Re: Thank you SimplyDiscus....

Thank you seanbuehrle. I would love to have a large BB tank to grow them out, however space in my home is limited and the wife might not be so understanding! Maybe it's time to get a bigger house! lol I'm ok with the idea of smaller discus, I just want them healthy and happy. I was supposed to get larger fish, but thats not what I got. I do like some of the fish, even though they weren't what I ordered and now my wife and daughter are naming them, so I might have to keep all of them now. I guess the point of my thread was to simply thank everyone that makes SD possible. It was a blessing full of information at a time when I was stressed. I really love the little round critters and it killed me that someone would send such sick fish for the price I paid. I just wanted to say thanks. The one fish that wasn't looking too good when I first wrote, colored up and decided to start eating today! So, it looks like all will survive. Once again, thank you!!!

No problem

I too got some sick bad looking discus a few months back.

I knew that for the price I paid I wasn't going to be getting showstopping fish, but I did expect healthy fish.

The only time your going to get a healthy cheap fish with potential is around here from a member who's breeding them theirself.

I understand your gratitude, everyone here goes way beyond being helpful and they love sharing what they have learned here. Nobody came here knowing it all, well maybe a couple of them did

Stick around.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member

I was wondering why my post does not show on the new post site. My post only shows when I search for it under the thread title i saved it under

it just did...it will show as new for you untill you read it or someone else posts on it, since you posted on it, it showed for me as a new post.

Rodrigo
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Registered Member

Thank you,

I am learning how this site works. Once you read the new post it removes it from the new post list after you read it.