AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The ultimate Hobbyist California Blackworm Keeper

Default Re: The ultimate Hobbyist California Blackworm Keeper

I've been keeping a population of tubifex worms in a 1L critter carrier for a couple of months now. I started with 2oz., I do 100% RO water changes 3x week, feed them a couple of pulverized flakes each week, and the Discus get all the worms they can eat once each day (supplemented with flakes which they're not too fond of). I'm sure my population is not stable, but it always looks like there are enough! My question is, does anyone know what the bio-load would be if I just dumped them into the 60 gal with the Discus? I'm sure the Discus would have some fun hunting the little guys down, but I'm afraid of stressing the system.

Default Re: The ultimate Hobbyist California Blackworm Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by knd View Post
    I've been keeping a population of tubifex worms in a 1L critter carrier for a couple of months now. I started with 2oz., I do 100% RO water changes 3x week, feed them a couple of pulverized flakes each week, and the Discus get all the worms they can eat once each day (supplemented with flakes which they're not too fond of). I'm sure my population is not stable, but it always looks like there are enough! My question is, does anyone know what the bio-load would be if I just dumped them into the 60 gal with the Discus? I'm sure the Discus would have some fun hunting the little guys down, but I'm afraid of stressing the system.
    this probably deserves its own thread since tubifex is not a Blackworm.. it would enable you to get answers faster.. for your question

ps.. welcome to sd
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345