AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: reef tank

Registered Member

Question reef tank

Hey everyone

I'm thinking of setting up a 25 gallon reef tank. This would include a magnum hot filter, protein skimmer and a small powerhead to circulate water for feedings. I plan on 25lbs of live rock along with mushrooms & polyps and 2-4 fish. Does anyone know where to get good anemones & clownfish?

Joe

Default Re: reef tank

I don't know of anyone local for pick up, but I do know a great guy for anemones, etc. If you want to have anything shipped. Check out cultivatedreef.com for excellent service and great quality corals/anemone. I know the owner and he is great guy and has a very good reputation. My rose bubble tip anemone is from there. I wish you were closer, mine split and I have an extra. I also know someone in the Albany area that is a clownfish breeder. She sells to quite a few shops, but I am not sure about shipping. I could give her your info so you could talk to her if you'd like. What are you doing for lighting? That's important for the anemone. Let me know if I can help with anything else or if you'd like to talk to my friend that breeds the clownfish.

Default Re: reef tank

I would ditch the magnum hot filter...it will be a nitrate trap. A good HOB protein skimmer, live rock,a powerhead or two and regular waterchanges are all you should need. Just keep in mind that the smaller tanks can go south much quicker...