ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October 22 - Ottawa, Ontario

Default October 22 - Ottawa, Ontario

Hello All of the NEDA,

I have set the date of my fall meeting up here in Canada should you guys want to attend. It will be October 22, starting around 2pm. If this works for you and are interested in attending please let me know. Either pm me or post here. It would be great to have you guys attend

The address is

1 Brydon Court
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K2G 4A6

discusgal@rogers.com

If you need my phone number, please shoot me a pm or email.

Thanks for looking
    Evelyn
    Don't let the things you can't do stop you from doing the things you can!

Default Re: October 22 - Ottawa, Ontario

I am in. Ralph and Marte are you guys going. Might be able to car pool.

Hi Ralph,

I would love to go. Still have to check my schedule.
    Marte

" do not fret too much over it. Just let me know how many pieces did not make it, and i will credit it back in the next bill "

It would be great if you GTA boys can come over.
    Evelyn

Evelyn,

Thank you for the invite. I'm still clearing my schedule. I'm pretty sure Joe and Ralph will chime in soon.
    Marte

" do not fret too much over it. Just let me know how many pieces did not make it, and i will credit it back in the next bill "

Real Name
    Ralph

It would be a pleasure Evelyn.
    I may be on a last minute basis. Plans more than two weeks ahead never seem to work out in the end but don't rule me out just yet.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

LOL....yes plans, I know how those go As I said, I would love to have you guys head over The more the merrier I say and I enjoy getting people from all areas to get together and chat.

Now just trying to get some of these guys from the states to join us hehehehe
    Evelyn

For those that have asked about hotels. Here are some that I pulled up....mind you I haven't stayed there, but just to give you a price in mind. It is about a 15 mins drive to my place, but if you are looking at taking in some of the sights around Ottawa, worth booking a hotel downtown, the airport area was just as expensive or more... prices are in Canadian $ *plus parking

http://www.radisson.com/ottawa-hotel-on-k1r5a7/onottawa $104/night

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=665 $138/night had good reviews

http://www.suitedreams.com/ $109/night

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/contr...false&tab=tab1 $104/night

There is also a site called Booking.com that is showing a rate of $89/night including parking for Days Inn that is not too far from me that has good ratings....10 mins

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/days...48912f064ccdX8

Cheers,
    Last edited by 2075turner; 09-13-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    Evelyn

Registered Member

Evelyn, not sure if my wife and I could make it yet, but I'll keep you posted. I know a few of the guys here had some passport issues, hope those are resolved!

Shawn

Evelyn
    Do you have a program lined up? Al's presentation, auction etc.
    How many are coming?

Hi all,
    I have to apologize here.. I've dropped the ball here in a big way.. I was planning on trying to make it up there for this get together, but I have had so-much going on the last few months I just lost track of it and a bunch of other things...No excuses there,it is what it is........but I'm not going to able to make it up there this weekend.. I've gotten involved in a cub scout event this weekend and its also my daughter's first 4H club meeting...I'm a leader for both groups and family comes before fish.

Nothing would please me better than to meet up with all of you , but I have to put it on the back burner for now. Maybe something can be set up in the spring, and if we do , I'll be more than happy to do a presentation for you all.

Feel pretty bad here that I'll be missing this get together. Hope you all have a great time.

take care,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Well, firstly Al, that's not a problem. Life gets busy and family does come first. Maybe we can get you up here for my spring meeting....I do 2 a year. So I will start badgering you for then now LOL

For Joe, I have about 20 people confirmed that they are coming, another 20 on the fence, so i will say there should be around 30 here. My last meeting was about 30 so I am hoping for the same number or more. I have some new and some not so new to the hobby coming and that's what I like....a chance to share and learn.

I have it planned that people start showing up around 2 pm and a general presentation starting at 3pm. We usually end up all though the house as I have a few tanks here and there. At the moment I just cleared my latest shipment through QT and we will have quite a few fish to look at say about 400 fish of various sizes.

I will provide platters for people to snack on and a diner if people want to hang around a enjoy a meal and some good conversation....discus of course will be there I'm sure, lol, Not sure what yet maybe a BBQ? possibly a lasanzia...depends on the weather. I am open to holding an auction if there is enough people. If you guys are coming from GTA, maybe you can give me a list if you guys are bringing something to auction and I will let people know to expect that there will be items to auction and to prepare some tanks. I will make a posting on the local aquarium forum as well.

I just want to have some fun and enjoy some good conversations....and of course meet some people that have the same passion for these beautiful fish that we are all obsessed with, lol.

Hope some more people from SD can make it

Cheers, Evelyn
    Evelyn

Thanks Evelyn. Ron and I are coming for sure. Not sure about Ralph and Marte.
    I am driving I have room for two more in my car. Ralph, Marte let me know.

k, cool

If you guys have an a good culture of white worms or red wigglers I would be interested in getting some of those Were you guys planning on bringing something to auction or sell. I will post it on the local aquarium board if you want...

Cheers, Evelyn
    Evelyn

Real Name
    Francis

Hi Evelyn........I can't make it.......any chance live feed by webcam and say hi to the guys lah.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast