AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Holy moly, 11 pounds of frozen blackworms is a lot of food

Default Holy moly, 11 pounds of frozen blackworms is a lot of food

I got my frozen blackworms in from CBW nice and frozen solid from CA to NY. 11 lbs of worms is a really really large "brick", I have more worms in my freezer than food. My wife unpacked them and said the amount of styrofoam involved was amusing. My fish are happy especially since I quit feeding any bloodworms a couple weeks ago. This was my first purchase from dan and I will definitely buy these again no question about it.

Registered Member

Default Re: Holy moly, 11 pounds of frozen blackworms is a lot of food

are these frozen that you can toss in the tank or u have to keep them alive????
    Im waiting for frozen black worms to come out.

These are frozen CBW. Got mine a few days back. Each cell is jam packed with worms and very little water. Great product.

Joe, I gotta get mine from Ralph. I'm glad both you and Ralph are happy with the quality and quantity of the worms. Everyone has been very happy with the worms.
    Marte

" do not fret too much over it. Just let me know how many pieces did not make it, and i will credit it back in the next bill "

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I received 11 lbs last weeks is it is a s**t load of worms. My fish are so happy.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I received 11 lbs last weeks is it is a s**t load of worms. My fish are so happy.
    Well my discus arn't eating them! I guess they are spoiled from the live worms. Most of the frozen worms look colorless / white. ??? Sorry Dan , just not sure yet . May have to stick to live only.

Registered Member

got my 11 pounder today. It is a lot of worms but we did pay a few dollar for them. As far as my discus eating them, right now, it is 50/50. They still dash for Al's FDBWs but it did take them 3 weeks before eating FDBW too.

Well my discus arn't eating them! I guess they are spoiled from the live worms. Most of the frozen worms look colorless / white. ??? Sorry Dan , just not sure yet . May have to stick to live only.
    give them a few weeks but nothing is going to be exactly like thereal thing. As far as them turning white, most frozen foods are like that. my frozen beefheart and frozen blood worms do the same thing after they thaw in the water, they turn white(ish) or clear after sitting in the water. The freeze drying process results in light colored worms too.