AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Fish Swimming Flat on the Bottom!...something sticking out of it's tail..

Default New Fish Swimming Flat on the Bottom!...something sticking out of it's tail..

Aye, mateys..but there's nothing 'wrong' with him..I aquired a new 'fish'...A male Brazilian Hystrix ray, around 8" disc...The new clean-up crew, for sure!...chowing down on red wiggler's and 'crawlers..'Quarantined' in a 180 BB with domestics for now. He'd be better off in the sand of the wilds tank, but I'm not sold on whether the Heckel's will plink an eye out while grazing....

The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: New Fish Swimming Flat on the Bottom!...something sticking out of it's tail..

Nice Gary, I'm jealous. I looked into getting a ray for the 230 but not legal in Florida.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Default Re: New Fish Swimming Flat on the Bottom!...something sticking out of it's tail..

Too bad, they are really interesting....Got feelers out for another one (female)..learning curve; I gave him a small heater burn, as I didn't get a titanium rod out in time..he's o.k., tho...

Real Name
    Pat

You might try PMing ZX10R, believe Sean said his brother has some contacts.

nice inverted discus you got there...
    Jay,

the reason i like discus?... is discus seem to like me.

I found a guy in 'Jersey that has a female for sale..Paypal here I come...maybe I'll get lucky and finagle some pups down the road....

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    I found a guy in 'Jersey that has a female for sale..Paypal here I come...maybe I'll get lucky and finagle some pups down the road....

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    I got my last Hystrix in from a guy in Jersey. I hope it isn't the same guy I got mine from because my ray was in bad shape when I got it. Nice ray Gary I almost cried Friday when I bagged mine up and sold them. I had my biggest ray for 2 yrs they kind of grow on you. Good Luck with him
    My wife names my fish

I have her coming already; I hope it isn't the same guy, but it probably is..Tangledupincichlids....spendy too....He's doing great, and this fish think he's just one of the pack....

You had better luck then me. I tried to get my guy a female last year but couldn't find one. The guy I sold my rays to said my larger male is already trying to bread with one of his female motoros.
    My wife names my fish

Yeah, I seldom raise an eyebrow at new stuff, but these guys are pretty cool,to say the least...peaceful, but predatory as for their foodstuffs....we'll see what 'mrs. raycharles' looks like tomorrow...

Make sure you post pics I would like to see her
    My wife names my fish

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

That was a dang sneaky subject line Gary, well done. Glad you found something for your tank that peaked your interest.
    President - North American Discus Association

Looking forward to her pics!
    SOS Crew Texas
    Show Committee for NADA 2014 AUSTIN TX

The female ray arrived this a.m., speedy, and well packaged..she's in good shape, young, and already making friends..maybe photo's later.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast