AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Red eggs

Registered Member

Default Red eggs

I got a female turq blue, every time she laid eggs the colour of the eggs are red, she laid at lease fifteen time so far, but never off spring, any idea, the fish is imported from VN, and I thing they feed the hormon CR6 or CR5, so, any solution?

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Red eggs

Hey Danny...welcome to SD.

First of all there is no mention of a male on hand. Forgive me but I had to ask which is possibly why nothing hatched.
    Don't have any experience with hormoned Discus but I'm sure someone else might chime in.
    The eggs you speak off will have a red, orange, yellow colour once laid if that's what your asking and I suspect they turn all white 24+ hrs later.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member Coffee1stLife2nd's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina

Hormoned Discus??? what??? How??? Why??? is that good or bad?? thinking i missed something in all the info ive been reading...thanks for any info..dont mean to start another conversation on your thread..
    ** I use to dream of Unicorns ** NOW I dream of Discus with the colors of the Rainbow **

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee1stLife2nd View Post
    Hormoned Discus??? ...Why???
    To trick customers. Discus model will be pronounced at young ages and the color will be very pronunced.
    Eggs with soft red is a clear indication that those were not raised very natural. I think the astaxanthin could be guilty of this color eggs.

It's just the color of the fishes eggs.

I asked this very same question a couple months back because I have a pair that lay blood red eggs.

Eggs are all sorts of colors.

Grey, red, yellow, you name it.

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Hormones are really bad for a fish, but I dought that is what is happening now........

The color affects of hormones will go away with time. The only thing that is perminate isthe damage they leave behind. Different females have eggs of different colors. No big deal.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas