ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

View Poll Results: Moderation of Simply?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over Moderated

5 10.20%
  • Under Moderated.

1 2.04%
  • Fine as-is.

42 85.71%
  • No Opinion.

1 2.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Over-moderation

Default Re: Over-moderation

Very Well said Hans
    And that's what I was thinking
    Let me put my beer down and take a closer look and do some more research on this

Real Name
    Stanley

As a newbie here, I think the moderation is fine and appreciate moderators' efforts to keep this forum friendly and enjoyable.

However, I don't see this site as someone's place, but as a community. Understanding that the community rules are governed by Al's principles and experiences, I don't think "my way or the high way" is the intent of those rules. The fact that there is a "Site Feedback" section suggests that member feedbacks are welcome to help improve this online community.

So, I keep thinking about this thread now because I joined another forum (on another topic) a couple of weeks ago that requires moderator approval for "some members". I'm new, so I'm guessing I have to earn their trust. My first post took an entire week to get approved.

Anyway, it's so awkward to have interaction and responses so delayed that I just stopped visiting. Besides, I keep thinking, if I respond to something and take the time to 'contribute' to a question, by the time it's approved, people will wonder, "what the heck, we said that already" or "this thread is a week old and you're now responding to it?".

I'm not even against the rules on that thread, just the lag in approval process. So, freedom on the internet, I stopped visiting. If things were really that bad here, I doubt this place would be so successful.

So if the OP thought this was over-moderation, sheeesh... this kind of post probably wouldn't have ever been approved over on that other forum
    Eric

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234