AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 55 Gal Aquarium in Wall, diy sump, stand, overflow, lighting, diy everything lol

Default Re: 55 Gal Aquarium in Wall, diy sump, stand, overflow, lighting, diy everything lol

Love it! Very nice!
    Steffi

Default Re: 55 Gal Aquarium in Wall, diy sump, stand, overflow, lighting, diy everything lol

WOOOOW!!!!!!!
    Melissa

Just be yourself. The people who matter, won't mind.
    And the people who mind, won't matter.

Thanks

I'm working on getting a golden nugget pleco for this tank. I think it would be a nice addition.
    I do what I must do, to do what I wish to do!
    dominik

So its a no go on the golden nuggets. I'll talk to my local importer see what else i can keep with discus.

FINALLY I was able to record my German Blue Rams digging. My sand is about 2in near the filter and they dig down to the glass every week

My other pair used to do the same thing on the other side of tank. I guess they got tired of it.

Still patiently awaiting my Piwowarski fish...

I already planned my next tank. 500gal 4'x4'x4' plywood tank. Should be super fun I'm thinking 2years from now...maybe 3
    dominik

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Dominik, give your rams a round, flat rock to spawn on and maybe they will quit digging.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

They are laying eggs right now. The eggs are very similar to the size of my sand, just a little darker in color. I imagine they will be gone in the morning.
    Round stone you say? Should I stick in the hole they dig? Also, does color matter?
    dominik

Well, looks like my corycats ate the eggs. I'm trying to decide if I should get my qt tank up and running and try to breed these.
    dominik

Real Name
    Pat

Dominik, a round, flat river rock will work great. Home depot has rocks like this by the bag.

I see them digging again... Supposed to be nice here tomorrow so maybe I'll go pick a rock out from local river.

So I guess there is no hope of getting Piwowarski sub adults anytime soon....I'm considering getting some fry and growing them out, a Red Turq x RSG cross.

What to do? what to do?
    dominik

Real Name
    Pat

Dominik, Bill has the Red Turq x RSG cross as 1-3 inch fry. Maybe there are some left.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ally-available

If I find a replacement impeller for my 40gal tank tomorrow, I'm getting 6(if available)
    dominik

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and Homesteader TNT77's Avatar

If your looking for a sharp pleco. You can try L134s. I've kept them in with discus ever since I've started and never had an issue with the temp. In fact I've had them breed in my tanks with discus. I believe Snookn21 has some for sale on aquabid.
    But if your really into getting the Gold Nugget or Rio Irris I believe Snookn also has them for sale.
    Last edited by TNT77; 11-05-2011 at 10:37 PM.

thanks for the info, I will look into these
    dominik

So I come home last night, pretty late and I see 2 german blue rams dead! I was like wth! I go to fish them out and the water is cold. Look at my heater its showing 71 deg! Led temp works but Not heating. I go to my storage where I have a spare one, its cracked! I dig through my storage and I found an old jager, 100W. Put it in the tank and bought 2 new from kensfish.com. In the instructions I asked to be shipped asap, I got a reply from Ken same night that it will be mailed in the AM(I knew I could count on him!). This morning temp @79, little heater is having trouble but I hope it holds. Fish seemed OK but I need it to be 4 alrdy so I could go home and check on them!
    dominik

Registered Member

Very nice set up... i hope i can see more of this tank progress

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast