AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 230 Wild Tefe Biotype

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default 230 Wild Tefe Biotype

This tank is still a work in progress. I still need to complete the canopy light installation and hopefully will soon.

Full tank

The crew

This one is my runt and is finally growing and putting on weight.

Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: 230 Wild Tefe Biotype

Very nice pat, fish and tank! Is that just a single LED fixture up top or is it t5?

Whats your water like? Just curious.
    -Matt

I have been following your build since the start. The aquarium is coming along very nicely. I have one that is also a work in progress. The water in your tank appears to have that wonderful tannin stain. I am not sure if it is a trick of the camera or not. Is your driftwood still leaching or have you accomplished it with the lamps?

Anik

I like your use of the driftwood. It really looks great.
    -James the

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Very nice pat, fish and tank! Is that just a single LED fixture up top or is it t5?

Whats your water like? Just curious.
    Thanks Matt, it is a three feet T5. I have two 70W MH to go into the canopy once I can get the hubby motivated to help finish it.

ATM water is Florida well water. I target a GH of around 120. Ph runs about 7.8. I add some RO to the mix but need a dedicated RO unit for the fish. Only have a house unit used primary for drinking water.

Registered Member Coffee1stLife2nd's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina

Oh Pat.I love it...I cant wait till my tank is done... looking at yours makes me want to get it done...uggg i need more money...LOL But my kid keeps draining my account, he was on his way from college to (army) drill and totaled his car, fell asleep driving, got a call at 3am from the state troopers NOT a good way to wake up...he is fine but had to pay 1200 for a gaurd rail and pay for towing and to junk it, bought him a new car so he could get back to school... But this week im buying my driftwood FOR SURE... but till then i will just keep looking at your tank....
    ** I use to dream of Unicorns ** NOW I dream of Discus with the colors of the Rainbow **

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    I have been following your build since the start. The aquarium is coming along very nicely. I have one that is also a work in progress. The water in your tank appears to have that wonderful tannin stain. I am not sure if it is a trick of the camera or not. Is your driftwood still leaching or have you accomplished it with the lamps?

Anik
    Thanks Anik, you should post pictures of your build. Would love to see it...how big is the tank and what do you have in it.

There still is a small amount of tannins leaching from the wood. The T5 light fixture also has one of the red bulbs used of a reef tank. Gives the tank a nice warm look.

Quote Originally Posted by Stag View Post
    I like your use of the driftwood. It really looks great.
    Thanks James, I sort of "throw" the wood together and I liked the effect. The fish seem to like it too.

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee1stLife2nd View Post
    Oh Pat.I love it...I cant wait till my tank is done... looking at yours makes me want to get it done...uggg i need more money...LOL But my kid keeps draining my account, he was on his way from college to (army) drill and totaled his car, fell asleep driving, got a call at 3am from the state troopers NOT a good way to wake up...he is fine but had to pay 1200 for a gaurd rail and pay for towing and to junk it, bought him a new car so he could get back to school... But this week im buying my driftwood FOR SURE... but till then i will just keep looking at your tank....
    Dang Tina, at least he was not hurt. I finally weaned my daughter last year. Even if you have to wait a little while you will get there with your tank. Enjoy the journey. Been working toward/on this tank since early June.

The tank is 90gal with a 20gal sump. I have 12 juvies in there. It is a bit too many. I was expecting casualties, so I bought extra fish.
    One day I will get enough nerve to post some pictures. I am still trying to iron out my lighting and mechanical filtration. Come to think of it, it would be better to post what I have now. Everyone seems to be very helpful with ironing out some of those details.
    Great suggestion, Pat. I will try for this week.

Anik

Real Name
    Pat

Cool Anik, I will look for your thread. How big are your juvies?

I Love it. wicked looking manzanita and penguin tetras are one of my favorite. thaks or sharing.

They range around 4.5-5.5". I purchased all of them in July. At that time, they ranged from 3.5-4.5". They are getting big and fat. I have been keeping fish since I was little. But, these have certainly been the most challenging and rewarding fish I have ever had. It is easy to see why people enjoy keeping these guys.
    ...will post soon.

Anik

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by lane mechtel View Post
    I Love it. wicked looking manzanita and penguin tetras are one of my favorite. thaks or sharing.
    Thanks Lane, all the manzanita is from PC1 and I really like the penquins also. I want to add some lemons down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    They range around 4.5-5.5". I purchased all of them in July. At that time, they ranged from 3.5-4.5". They are getting big and fat. I have been keeping fish since I was little. But, these have certainly been the most challenging and rewarding fish I have ever had. It is easy to see why people enjoy keeping these guys.
    ...will post soon.

Anik
    Anik, I have some F1 juvies from wild parents. They are fun and easier then I was expecting. Looking forward to your pictures.

Looking good...Greens looking healthy
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Real Name
    Pat

Thanks Gary, if you remember I had a long road with some of these guys. So nice to have a healthy house and fish who think they are pigs.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast