ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenny's Discus Raffle #5 for NADA 2012 show - Hurry Limited Time 1 week Only!!!

Default Re: Kenny's Discus Raffle #5 for NADA 2012 show - Hurry Limited Time 1 week Only!!!

Donating to the site is difficult, granted. In fact it's a huge PITA. But I managed it, and I'm surely the most computer illiterate amongst us. Please remember, everyone involved with NADA from the Prez down is a volunteer. If you can help make things easier, please step up to the plate.

Most people don't understand how importent the success of NADA is to our hobby here in the States. Trust me. It is of utmost importance. For the show the importers are sent special show fish. (yeah, I know they don't compare to the Asian show fish, but they're the best we'll ever see) These fish kill and are FOR SALE! What better opportunity to buy top quality fish?

Please folks, how ever you decide to do it, give NADA a bit of your hard earned. Heck, spend 5 bucks and give Discus Mama a chance at happiness. 5 bucks ain't nothin'

Liz
    Mama Bear

Default Re: Kenny's Discus Raffle #5 for NADA 2012 show - Hurry Limited Time 1 week Only!!!

Just to let you all know NADA does except paypal, but we can't use paypal for the raffles, because it's against paypal's policy. We asked for an exception but it was denied, so we set up the credit card gateway for the raffles. You can use paypal to buy raffle tickets, just use multiples of $5.00 for each ticket and send a separate email stating it's for raffle tickets. We cannot advertise it. To make it easier we'll look into changing our donate button to paypal. You will get a receipt in a day or two when you buy raffle tickets using paypal. thanks
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Is the drawing a particular time tomorrow?
    I just realized it's Sunday... I lost Saturday, I have no idea when it happened lol
    Melissa

Just be yourself. The people who matter, won't mind.
    And the people who mind, won't matter.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and Homesteader TNT77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusMama View Post
    Is the drawing a particular time tomorrow?
    I just realized it's Sunday... I lost Saturday, I have no idea when it happened lol
    Are you losing track of time in your excitement?

Lol! Yes!

That... And staying busy with two toddlers and all kinds of crazy Halloween fun this weekend.
    Melissa

Real Name
    Rick

I understand completely the reason for not using paypal.

That being said, it is now over 8 hours since I think I got 6 tickets, and no conformation email? I am showing a $30.00 dollar charge to my debit card, but for all I know this could come back as a non-charge in a few days, which would be after the raffle ;( It seems like the checkout procedure should at the very minimum let you know that the transaction was succesfull? Am I the only one to be having this issue?

Rick

Lol! Yes!

That... And staying busy with two toddlers and all kinds of crazy Halloween fun this weekend.
    Aren't you supposed to be getting a tank ready in case you get some fish sent to ya?

No time for family, it's crunch time

Just kiddin bout the family thing.

Lol Sean.... Trying not to get my hopes up. Which is really hard lol

Getting a tank ready would be too exciting. I'll scramble and get some water aging if I do win :P
    The tanks are sitting empty, so it wouldn't be too hard to set one up in a crunch.
    Melissa

Lol Sean.... Trying not to get my hopes up. Which is really hard lol

Getting a tank ready would be too exciting. I'll scramble and get some water aging if I do win :P
    The tanks are sitting empty, so it wouldn't be too hard to set one up in a crunch.
    Better get ready....few more came your way!!
    Jim

Registered Member

OK so how do I buy them and place them in her name? do I just go and purchase them and then PM or email somebody?

Quote Originally Posted by lenver View Post
    OK so how do I buy them and place them in her name? do I just go and purchase them and then PM or email somebody?
    You got it. Make your purchase and PM me and let me know. I immediately get a receipt for every purchase and will list your name along with Melissa's on my spread sheet.

We've mentioned it before but the question always arises. When Jerry does the Raffle he list all the names on pieces of paper and actually drops them all in a hat and has his wife pull the winning name. When I am doing it, I list all the names on a excel spread sheet. There is a corresponding number to each name. I then use a random number generator to pick the winning number. Chad (Sabres1) set this raffle up with Kenny so as soon as I draw the winner tonight, I will let him know and he will email the winner and Kenny to set up delivery. Remember, Kenny has to ship these fish Tue, Wed or Thur of this week so be ready.

This is your last day, have you bought your ticket? No ticket = no discus.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member

Yeah, I got the confirmation from Jerry and I email back telling they were for her, but just in case the one's that say Lenin Garcia are hers, so 4 more tickets for her, hopefully she will be the lucky one.

Quote Originally Posted by lenver View Post
    Yeah, I got the confirmation from Jerry and I email back telling they were for her, but just in case the one's that say Lenin Garcia are hers, so 4 more tickets for her, hopefully she will be the lucky one.
    I have a copy of the reciept. Got you covered.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

What time is the drawing? Is it too late to get Melissa fish?

Mishka

Quote Originally Posted by chaoslite View Post
    What time is the drawing? Is it too late to get Melissa fish?

Mishka
    It is too late, the raffle is closed and the winner should be announced shortly.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast