AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 little ones.

Sorry to hear that

Are they eating yet?

Default Re: 4 little ones.

Yes, they are eating pretty good. I'm keeping the temp. at 84 - 85, depending on which thermometer you ask.
    Chris Baez, Jr.

"The problem with Christianity is not that it has been tried and found wanting, but that it has been found difficult and left untried" GK Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb01 View Post
    Yes, they are eating pretty good. I'm keeping the temp. at 84 - 85, depending on which thermometer you ask.
    What are you feeding them?

Keep up on the water changes.

I would raise the temp a few degrees for them, keep em good and warm.

It's good they are eating.

I'm feeding Tropical Premium flakes, Beef Heart flakes, Frozen Blood worms and live Black Worms.

I will raise the temp to 86 - 87.

Yes, keeping up the water changes.
    Chris Baez, Jr.

"The problem with Christianity is not that it has been tried and found wanting, but that it has been found difficult and left untried" GK Chesterton

OK, I went and gave the heater a notch up.

Let me know about the feeding, any ideas on that.
    Chris Baez, Jr.

OK, by now all should know that it is no longer the '4 Little Ones'. See post #14. So from now on it's the '3 Little Ones'.

I bought a magnifying glass to see them better. They are like a little ladder, big, med, small. All three growing pretty good, just some faster than others. We'll refer to them as #1 for the big one, #2 for the med one and of course #3 for the smallest one.

#1 is showing the blue on the Dorsal and Anal fins. #2 I can see the blue showing with the mag glass. #3 no blue showing yet.

Yes, peppering all over the place, though I don't mind it. I know some here want to know about that. However, #1 has less pep than #2 and #3. Whether they will go away remains to be seen. If I run out of condiments for the turkey, I can scrape some off of them :-)

#1 is about 2", maybe a little bigger, #2 is a little longer than 1 1/2", #3 is about 1 1/4". #2 & #3 are closer in size. I'm happy with their growth rate overall. Of course, I am guesstimating on the size, by holding a ruler to the glass. I don't want to pull them out to measure them yet. I'm treating them nice, keeping them warm. I can't wait to post some pics for you guys and gals to see them. I'm very proud of them.

The Discus will remain my pet project until they are full grown. Sorry, you'll have to put up with me a little while yet. Well, since I've fallen in love with this little guys, I might be here for a very long time. I might just decide to keep Discus all my life, as I have with the Guppies and Angelfish.

A whole different story about the Guppies and Angelfish, and why they are special to me.

Any questions, concerns or worries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Enough, I talk too dang long. Later guys and gals.
    Chris Baez, Jr.

Registered Member

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you lost one of your little guys. Have they been eating for you yet? I hope all goes well.

Mike

Registered Member

Wow, sometimes it seems that I just go brain dead. I just found page 2. Glad to hear that the 3 little guys are doing better and eating. Keep up the good work.

Mike

you need at least 6 in a group.. you would see them just OPEN UP!! sorry about the one that died
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the input and concerns.

Yeah, I was planning on buying two more of around the same size soon, I'll make it three. That will complete the six.
    Chris Baez, Jr.

Hey Chris are these the same ones I got from Joe?

Yes, the same exact ones. Might be a different birth date, but yes, same cross, probably same parents.

I need to post some pics.

How are yours coming along?
    Chris Baez, Jr.

They are all doing well. One got some heavy peppering but it doesn't bother me none lol. They are almost big as quarters and still have a clear orangish color to them.

I'm glad to hear of the growth progress, and that they are doing well.

Yes, mine have that orangish color too, and two have the heavy peppering. I don't mind it either. To be honest, as long as I can grow them to full size I'll be happy. I love watching them move around. And to me these are keepers. After all they are my first Discus ever. So they have a sort of sentimental value also.

Keep me posted on how they do.
    Chris Baez, Jr.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast